Re: New baby here, need some help, please

  • John Zeman
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2004
      Welcome aboard Dan!

      It's not macros you're looking for, it's clips. The built in help on
      the clip language is in a separate section under the menu command of
      HELP/HELP ON CLIP PROGRAMMING.

      In addition to that, there are a number of tutorials available,
      including Jody's clip class, but I don't have the links to them near
      me at the moment. I'm sure some other members will post them when
      they see your message though.

      In the meantime you can get started with the built in help file I
      mentioned.

      Be patient, it takes a little while to get a handle on clips, but
      once you do they'll change what you can do with text (including HTML)
      forever.

      John

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "luther792003" <luther792003@y...>
      wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have been using Note Tab Light for a while now, but since I
      > don't have school for a month I got myself the Notetab Pro, now I
      > can see the HTML codes in color :)
      >
      > I have a question here, since I have spent $19.95 on this nice
      > baby, I might as well learn how to make the macros. I hear all
      > these neat things about what you can do with this and that and
      > all those things. But I didn't find any tutorial on the language
      its
      > self, am I lost or is there any tutorial out there?
      >
      > Your help would be really appreciated, thanks
      >
      > Dan.
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4, 2004
        Dan,

        At 10:52 AM 1/4/2004 +0000, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >I have been using Note Tab Light for a while now, but since I
        >don't have school for a month I got myself the Notetab Pro, now I
        >can see the HTML codes in color :)
        >
        >I have a question here, since I have spent $19.95 on this nice
        >baby, I might as well learn how to make the macros. I hear all
        >these neat things about what you can do with this and that and
        >all those things. But I didn't find any tutorial on the language its
        >self, am I lost or is there any tutorial out there?

        If you go to
        http://jimbow.com/
        You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.
        Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.
        Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES
        Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

        You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:
        http://www.notetab.net/
        (All kinds of neat goodies)

        Jim