New baby here, need some help, please

  • luther792003
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4 2:52 AM
      Hi,

      I have been using Note Tab Light for a while now, but since I
      don't have school for a month I got myself the Notetab Pro, now I
      can see the HTML codes in color :)

      I have a question here, since I have spent $19.95 on this nice
      baby, I might as well learn how to make the macros. I hear all
      these neat things about what you can do with this and that and
      all those things. But I didn't find any tutorial on the language its
      self, am I lost or is there any tutorial out there?

      Your help would be really appreciated, thanks

      Dan.
    • John Zeman
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 4 6:32 AM
        Welcome aboard Dan!

        It's not macros you're looking for, it's clips. The built in help on
        the clip language is in a separate section under the menu command of
        HELP/HELP ON CLIP PROGRAMMING.

        In addition to that, there are a number of tutorials available,
        including Jody's clip class, but I don't have the links to them near
        me at the moment. I'm sure some other members will post them when
        they see your message though.

        In the meantime you can get started with the built in help file I
        mentioned.

        Be patient, it takes a little while to get a handle on clips, but
        once you do they'll change what you can do with text (including HTML)
        forever.

        John

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "luther792003" <luther792003@y...>
        wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have been using Note Tab Light for a while now, but since I
        > don't have school for a month I got myself the Notetab Pro, now I
        > can see the HTML codes in color :)
        >
        > I have a question here, since I have spent $19.95 on this nice
        > baby, I might as well learn how to make the macros. I hear all
        > these neat things about what you can do with this and that and
        > all those things. But I didn't find any tutorial on the language
        its
        > self, am I lost or is there any tutorial out there?
        >
        > Your help would be really appreciated, thanks
        >
        > Dan.
      • Jim Hall
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 4 9:18 AM
          Dan,

          At 10:52 AM 1/4/2004 +0000, you wrote:
          >Hi,
          >
          >I have been using Note Tab Light for a while now, but since I
          >don't have school for a month I got myself the Notetab Pro, now I
          >can see the HTML codes in color :)
          >
          >I have a question here, since I have spent $19.95 on this nice
          >baby, I might as well learn how to make the macros. I hear all
          >these neat things about what you can do with this and that and
          >all those things. But I didn't find any tutorial on the language its
          >self, am I lost or is there any tutorial out there?

          If you go to
          http://jimbow.com/
          You will find some downloads which you might find helpful in getting started with NoteTab.
          Specifically the following 2 should be helpful.
          Download NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES
          Download BASIC CLIP BASICS

          You can find more info on Clip Writing in the Help Menu and at:
          http://www.notetab.net/
          (All kinds of neat goodies)

          Jim