Sorting mail with Notetan

  • aruL maaran
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2004
      Dear NoteTabbers

      Wish you a happy year 2004.

      I'm a new entrant to this list and have some
      questions on sorting mail

      I've joined a yahoo group wherein I need to thread and
      sort mail (say 1000 mail at a time).

      I understand that mail
      bag assistant a paid software does this. Since this sorting
      / threading is a one time effort and due to other
      constraints I'm not planning to buy mailbag

      However are there any freeware that will help me
      --------------------------------
      - sort mail on the basis of headers (like From address,
      Subject, date etc.)
      - Create HTML or Text mail out of the sorted output

      - I'm a Win 2000 user

      (I've already downloaded the yahoogroups mail and so
      downloading is not a problem. Each individual mail is a
      separate file in a Unix mail format (i.e.) mail starting
      with

      | From <aaa@... | Wed Feb 23 00:35:16 2000
      |
      | .... etc. etc.

      any help is appreciated

      For a one time sorting of mail (but now in 100s of text files),
      can note tab lite be used ?

      TIA
      aruL