My Least favorite activity in NoteTab

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2003
      I really ENJOY using the program. However there is ONE or TWO things
      that really bug me.

      The First one is when doing a replace all in a lot of open documents
      the REPLACE window stays on top, even while switching to other open
      programs. The other option is to doing it as a replace on drive, but
      that isn't always what I want to do, if I want the changes in only
      select files. I know this is a RESOURCE issue as well because the
      Program is using a lot of resources while doing a major swap (sometimes
      I have to wait for the swaps to finish before the other program windows
      will maximize) I have 386 MB of RAM, and a Pentium 400, so the swaps
      should go pretty fast.

      The other thing is while doing this operation I have no idea if the
      computer is locked up, or still actually processing the files. There
      have been a number of times that the computer seems to be locked up,
      and I can Ctrl-Alt-delete to get OUT before the process finishes and
      LOSE the work in progress, If I had something to indicate PROGRESS of
      the process it would relieve my mind. Perhaps if the process displayed
      the file names the way the disc replace method does on the title bar of
      the replace box?

      Just like everyone else, I am enthused with the value of this program, I
      find it amazing that a "small" program can do so much so quickly, and
      be so versatile.

      It is probably the most used utility in my system.

      Jeff Scism