Re: [NTB] RegEx probs

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
      Roger,

      > Ctrl-Alt doesn't seem to stop the RegEx (from the find and replace
      > dialog at least)

      My guess is that this would not work, since it is the RegEx-engine
      that is casuing the troubles. I imagine that it doesn't matter how
      you start it up (either from a clip or from the F+R dialog). I think
      it is a seperate process...

      > I do use the clips often, but for complex, one-off jobs, a RegEx
      > often comes to mind first. I look forward to version 5.

      So do we,

      Hugo
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
        Hi ccsrsj,

        I forgot to mention that the Ctrl+Alt normally does not work if
        the RegExp is acting up. Normally, it will do it somewhat quick
        if it is going to do it that way, otherwise, good luck. Once it
        happens to me, I just go ahead and build the Clip. I find it is
        faster than spending a bunch of time on the RegExp usually to no
        avail.

        >> When at all possible, use Clips instead of RegExp due to the
        >> known problem you are having. Larry mentioned that it might just
        >> be taking a long time and will eventually finish. Clips are much,
        >> much faster, but then you have to write them, but a lot of times
        >> you can reuse the Clip with minor adjustments. We will be using a
        >> much better perl based RegExp in v5 so we won't have the problem
        >> anymore. Check out the Clips and Scripts lists.
        >> http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
        >
        >Hi Jody and others,
        >
        >Ctrl-Alt doesn't seem to stop the RegEx (from the find and replace
        >dialog at least)
        >
        >I do use the clips often, but for complex, one-off jobs, a RegEx
        >often comes to mind first. I look forward to version 5.

        See ya in the funnies,
        Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

        http://www.clean-funnies.com