Re: [NTB] RegEx probs

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
      Hi ccsrsj,

      When at all possible, use Clips instead of RegExp due to the
      known problem you are having. Larry mentioned that it might just
      be taking a long time and will eventually finish. Clips are much,
      much faster, but then you have to write them, but a lot of times
      you can reuse the Clip with minor adjustments. We will be using a
      much better perl based RegExp in v5 so we won't have the problem
      anymore. Check out the Clips and Scripts lists.
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

      >I find the RegEx feature of Notetab very useful, but...

      bcnu,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      http://www.notetab.net
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 4, 2003
        oops NOT DELETE
        control alt SPACE
        sometimes control alt isn't enough so add the space bar

        >>I find the RegEx feature of Notetab very useful, but it seems very
        >>easy to lock Notetab with it. This may well be due to my inefficient
        >>or incorrect expressions, but it would be nice to be able to kill it
        >>without killing the entire app, or perhaps a configurable timeout so
        >>that it gives up after 5 minutes or something?
      • ccsrsj
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <kjv-av1611@e...> wrote:
          > Hi ccsrsj,
          >
          > When at all possible, use Clips instead of RegExp due to the
          > known problem you are having. Larry mentioned that it might just
          > be taking a long time and will eventually finish. Clips are much,
          > much faster, but then you have to write them, but a lot of times
          > you can reuse the Clip with minor adjustments. We will be using a
          > much better perl based RegExp in v5 so we won't have the problem
          > anymore. Check out the Clips and Scripts lists.
          > http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

          Hi Jody and others,

          Ctrl-Alt doesn't seem to stop the RegEx (from the find and replace
          dialog at least)

          I do use the clips often, but for complex, one-off jobs, a RegEx
          often comes to mind first. I look forward to version 5.

          Many thanks for all your replies,
          Roger (ccsrsj)
        • hugo_paulissen
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
            Roger,

            > Ctrl-Alt doesn't seem to stop the RegEx (from the find and replace
            > dialog at least)

            My guess is that this would not work, since it is the RegEx-engine
            that is casuing the troubles. I imagine that it doesn't matter how
            you start it up (either from a clip or from the F+R dialog). I think
            it is a seperate process...

            > I do use the clips often, but for complex, one-off jobs, a RegEx
            > often comes to mind first. I look forward to version 5.

            So do we,

            Hugo
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5, 2003
              Hi ccsrsj,

              I forgot to mention that the Ctrl+Alt normally does not work if
              the RegExp is acting up. Normally, it will do it somewhat quick
              if it is going to do it that way, otherwise, good luck. Once it
              happens to me, I just go ahead and build the Clip. I find it is
              faster than spending a bunch of time on the RegExp usually to no
              avail.

              >> When at all possible, use Clips instead of RegExp due to the
              >> known problem you are having. Larry mentioned that it might just
              >> be taking a long time and will eventually finish. Clips are much,
              >> much faster, but then you have to write them, but a lot of times
              >> you can reuse the Clip with minor adjustments. We will be using a
              >> much better perl based RegExp in v5 so we won't have the problem
              >> anymore. Check out the Clips and Scripts lists.
              >> http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
              >
              >Hi Jody and others,
              >
              >Ctrl-Alt doesn't seem to stop the RegEx (from the find and replace
              >dialog at least)
              >
              >I do use the clips often, but for complex, one-off jobs, a RegEx
              >often comes to mind first. I look forward to version 5.

              See ya in the funnies,
              Jody Adair, Prov. 15:15

              http://www.clean-funnies.com