NEWBIE LETTER #2

  • Tricia Andrews
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
      Having trouble receiving mail via my spam program which I just shut down.
      If anyone has replied to this, please send again as I won't get the first
      one.

      Thanks T
      Since I don't understand all the terms in the Note Tab, I'm not able to do
      much with it. I'm trying to set up a webpage, which, for me, is difficult
      enough as it is. I found a set of lessons on learning HTML and was going
      through them one by one. When I was supposed to put something on the
      'clipboard' that stopped me. How do you find it?

      Had just ordered a trial NoteTab, so decided maybe that would work. It
      does. But somehow, the instructions in the lessons don't work in NoteTab,
      so a double whammy for getting somewhere. I did get two lines of my text to
      show up, but when I put in the color code, the one from the lessons
      accomplished nothing, so I clicked on the color bar of NoteTab and got
      another number entered. But when I go to the page which comes out without
      the HTML instructions, the color has NOT changed. And I don't know why or
      what to do about it.

      Any suggestions for a green-as-a-gourd beginner?

      Tricia
      fwataa@...
    • Don Passenger
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 30, 2003
        Ok,

        Several things ... try looking at this which may get you going:
        http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

        Second, if you ever miss a message, go to yahoogroups and find it online.

        There is an html group for notetab also. You may wish to join that.

        Welcome,
        Don
      • Christine
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2003
          Tricia,
          Head over to Virtual University.org (http://www.vu.org) where they offer
          online courses on all kinds of things, including HTML and basic computer
          usage (if you have to ask what a clipboard is..)
          Anyway, you can take 3 courses for $15.00, then if you need continuing
          education credits, you can send in for a certificate for another $12.00 per
          class. This is helpful when someone's work demands ongoing education.

          Anyway, the classes can be done all in one day (I did that). There's also a
          message board for others in the class who are working on the same project.
          They teach you to code by hand vs. a big web page program that adds all
          kinds of extra stuff. Therefore, NoteTab fits the bill beautifully.

          I did these classes and I was off and running in no time flat. Learning the
          huge possibilities of NoteTab remains ongoing. I create my own clip and
          clip books, though, and create web pages (almost) like a pro.

          Don't give up. It'll happen. It's sure not brain surgery, just another way
          of thinking.

          Christine