Re: [NTB] Re: Welcome to notetab. Question

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 21, 2003
      Hi Eduardo,

      Please take this subject/thread over to the NoteTab Off Topic
      list when you reply. I'm sorry to send you right over there,
      but this is an off topic technical problem. TIA

      >Thank you for your welcome note.

      You are most welcome!

      >Any file I open with Notebab 4.95 will not display at all
      >although it seems that it is open, since the open tab with the
      >name of the file appears on the top left.

      Have you tried on a fresh reboot with all other programs closed?
      It could be a resource issue on a 166 Pentium with only 64Mb of
      RAM. If rebooting doesn't make a difference then maybe your
      riched32.dll is be acting up if you are running NoteTab
      Std/Light. If you are in Std/Light I'd try renaming it if the
      system will let you to something like: riched32.old.dll It will
      be in your System or System32 folder. You'll need to replace it
      with the one on your Windows CD looking in the CAB files. What
      Windows version, 95/98?

      >I just installed the current version over version 4.85 that was
      >not behaving well either (it had the same problem). However I
      >could not uninstall before installing the newer version. Control
      >panel shows now two entries for notetab, one of them says (remove
      >only).

      The worst that could happen is you remove the one you did not
      want to. :) Do you have two copies showing in go to Windows
      Explorer (or My Computer)? You can click on the uninstall in
      NoteTab's main folder. (If you empty your trash before doing it,
      you could simply restore it all if something got "lost."

      >I am using it on a Pentium 166 with 64 megs of Ram.

      I've ran more recent versions of NoteTab Pro on a 266 PII with
      64Mb RAM, even NoteTab Pro 4.95, although it struggled a bit
      opening and doing tasks. Oh, make sure you try some smaller files
      so you can see if it will at least open something.

      >Version 4.85 worked well always until it started misbehaving.

      I told my boy something like that before. :-)

      Please see my signature line to subscribe to the off-topic list. TIA

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      All Fookes Software mailing lists: