Re: [NTB] Note Tab Light and Windows XP

  • Jim Hall
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
      Gadgetseeker,

      Sorry, all I can say is that there is no known conflict with NoteTab Light and XP Pro.

      If you can copy anything to the clipboard from any other source, you should be able to from text in NoteTab.

      I just did it using both the mouse and context menu as well as CTL+C and CTL+V as normal as can be.

      If you are not using version 4.95 you might want to upgrade.

      You might try copying from Notepad and see if you have a problem there too.

      At 07:36 PM 11/13/2003 +0000, you wrote:
      >I am using Note Tab Light on my new PC running Windows XP
      >Professional. My problem is that I cannot copy ANYTHING to the
      >Windows clipboard from Note Tab Light.
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
        gadgetseeker:

        Jody suggested checking if the file was set as read-only. I don't think
        that's likely the problem. I can copy just fine from a file flagged as
        read-only, I just can't paste (makes sense :-) )

        Any chance you've tried to set a file as a Pasteboard? (Document-Use as
        Pasteboard). That *might* interfere with the copy function.

        My best guess would be some kind of interference with the clipboard event
        chain from another program.
        Are you using any programs that watch for/trap clipboard events? (Things
        like ClipCache Plus ...)
        Are you using Office? I've read of problems its use of the clipboard can
        cause with other programs.

        If you haven't already ... try rebooting and then attempt a <copy> in
        Notetab immediately before starting any other program. This won't be
        definitive since other programs started automatically might get in the way
        before you get a chance to try Notetab, but if it DOES work then it should
        be possible to find the culprit by trying other programs one at a time till
        the <copy> in Notetab fails.

        A real longshot ... does WinXP have Safe Mode? (I know Win2K does but
        haven't used WinXP). If its a home machine you control, try starting in
        SafeMode so nothing gets started automatically and see if <copy> works in
        Notetab.

        If none of these work - sorrry - I'm out of ideas :-(

        Regards ... Alec