Re: [NTB] Note Tab Light and Windows XP

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
      Hi gadgetseeker,

      See if the file is marked Read-only (under the Document menu).

      >I am using Note Tab Light on my new PC running Windows XP
      >Professional. My problem is that I cannot copy ANYTHING to the
      >Windows clipboard from Note Tab Light. I can paste something copied
      >elsewhere. I have tried Ctrl-C and Ctrl-X and clicking on the icon
      >buttons, but I simply cannot copy anything to the Windows clipboard.
      >
      >Has anyone else had this problem?

      Happy Tab'n,
      Jody Adair

      NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
      http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
    • Jim Hall
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
        Gadgetseeker,

        Sorry, all I can say is that there is no known conflict with NoteTab Light and XP Pro.

        If you can copy anything to the clipboard from any other source, you should be able to from text in NoteTab.

        I just did it using both the mouse and context menu as well as CTL+C and CTL+V as normal as can be.

        If you are not using version 4.95 you might want to upgrade.

        You might try copying from Notepad and see if you have a problem there too.

        At 07:36 PM 11/13/2003 +0000, you wrote:
        >I am using Note Tab Light on my new PC running Windows XP
        >Professional. My problem is that I cannot copy ANYTHING to the
        >Windows clipboard from Note Tab Light.
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2003
          gadgetseeker:

          Jody suggested checking if the file was set as read-only. I don't think
          that's likely the problem. I can copy just fine from a file flagged as
          read-only, I just can't paste (makes sense :-) )

          Any chance you've tried to set a file as a Pasteboard? (Document-Use as
          Pasteboard). That *might* interfere with the copy function.

          My best guess would be some kind of interference with the clipboard event
          chain from another program.
          Are you using any programs that watch for/trap clipboard events? (Things
          like ClipCache Plus ...)
          Are you using Office? I've read of problems its use of the clipboard can
          cause with other programs.

          If you haven't already ... try rebooting and then attempt a <copy> in
          Notetab immediately before starting any other program. This won't be
          definitive since other programs started automatically might get in the way
          before you get a chance to try Notetab, but if it DOES work then it should
          be possible to find the culprit by trying other programs one at a time till
          the <copy> in Notetab fails.

          A real longshot ... does WinXP have Safe Mode? (I know Win2K does but
          haven't used WinXP). If its a home machine you control, try starting in
          SafeMode so nothing gets started automatically and see if <copy> works in
          Notetab.

          If none of these work - sorrry - I'm out of ideas :-(

          Regards ... Alec