File Associations (was Re: [NTB] Newbie question)

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 7, 2003
      Hi JAMIE,

      It wasn't a dumb question. <g>

      You need to associate the file type with NoteTab. Make sure
      NoteTab supports the file type. NoteTab does not support binary
      files like .doc and image files. You associate file types in
      NoteTab under that tab in Options. If you need to discuss this
      more please sign up for the off topic list.
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist. TIA

      >They say that the only stupid question is the one that you don't
      >ask......so I will ask. I received an e-mail through a hotmail
      >account and this e-mail has attachments that I would like to open
      >with Note Tab Light and save to a file.

      bcnu,
      jody

      I can only please one person a day.
      Today is obviously not your day.
      Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
      http://www.clean-funnies.com
      http://www.notetab.net
      http://www.sojourners-software.com
    • JAMIE RODRIGUEZ
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2003
        Jody,

        Thanks for the help, but....I'm affraid that I need more. I've been reading
        from the help menu until my eyes could do no more. I still can not make my
        Note Tab Light associate and open these files. I also tried to sign into
        fookes.us/maillist, but I received the dreaded 404! :-(
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 10, 2003
          Hi Jamie,

          There is no Fookes.us mailing list. There is a page that I sent
          you to fookes.us that has all the Fookes Software lists on it
          fookes.us/maillist.htm)

          To change your file associations go to View (on main menu in
          NoteTab) | Options | Associations. Type in the file types you
          want to open in NoteTab one at a time and click on the Add button
          after you type it in. You will type in something like the
          following one at a time: txt htm html otl clb ini. You most
          likely *do not* want to add the following types and similar:
          doc gif jpg

          Oh, I see the "htm" extension was not added in fookes.us below
          and it would cause a 404.

          >Thanks for the help, but....I'm affraid that I need more. I've
          >been reading from the help menu until my eyes could do no more.
          >I still can not make my Note Tab Light associate and open these
          >files. I also tried to sign into fookes.us/maillist, but I
          >received the dreaded 404! :-(

          Happy Tab'n,
          Jody Adair

          NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
          http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
        • JAMIE RODRIGUEZ
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 11, 2003
            Jody,

            Thank you so much for your help. It worked.