Newbie question

  • JAMIE RODRIGUEZ
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 7, 2003
      Greetings,

      They say that the only stupid question is the one that you don't ask......so I will ask.
      I received an e-mail through a hotmail account and this e-mail has attachments that I would like to open with Note Tab Light and save to a file. How can I get the Note Tab Light to open these attachments and then save them onto the desired (C:) drive file?

      Thank you for your time and attention to my query.

      Rob
      ROBERTO RODRIGUEZ

    • kleer51
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 25, 2004
        I have a directory listing of files on a server, and want to create
        a directory tree. To do this I had hoped to "gather" all lines
        containing "Directory" or "<DIR>". Does NoteTab have a function to
        do this?

        Laurence
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 25, 2004
          kleer51 wrote:

          > I have a directory listing of files on a server, and want to create
          > a directory tree. To do this I had hoped to "gather" all lines
          > containing "Directory" or "<DIR>". Does NoteTab have a function to
          > do this?
          >
          > Laurence

          Laurance,

          If I understand, you have a text listing of all files, including dirs,
          if so, you, very possibly could gather the dirs into a separate
          text-based list using a NoteTab clip.

          When you say 'tree' it infers, to me, a graphical function or result,
          NoteTab does text, not graphics.

          If the, aforementioned, text-based list is good enough reply to this and
          include a, not to large sample of the text listing you're working with,
          <dirs> and <files> included.

          This way list members can recommend various options.

          For this job it would be best to address the clips list if you're a
          member, if not subscribe at;

          ntb-Clips-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          ºvº
          hrs <04-11-25> hsavage@...
        • Alex Plantema
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 28, 2004
            Op donderdag 25 november 2004 13:51 schreef kleer51:

            > I have a directory listing of files on a server, and want to create
            > a directory tree. To do this I had hoped to "gather" all lines
            > containing "Directory" or "<DIR>". Does NoteTab have a function to
            > do this?

            Try this:
            dir /ad/s|find "\"

            --
            Alex.
          • felix
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 28, 2004
              When I click on the Favorites menu button in NoteTab Pro,
              the files I store there using the Save As feature don't show
              up. I have to open Windows Explorer to the NTP folder to
              find my files. They're all there, that's not the problem, I
              just don't gnow how to get them to show up on the pull down
              menu in NTP so I don't have to stop and open Windows
              Explorer.

              Any suggestions?

              felix
              http://home.earthlink.net/~fe1ix/
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                Hi Felix,

                >When I click on the Favorites menu button in NoteTab Pro, the
                >files I store there using the Save As feature don't show up. I
                >have to open Windows Explorer to the NTP folder to find my files.
                >They're all there, that's not the problem, I just don't know how
                >to get them to show up on the pull down menu in NTP so I don't
                >have to stop and open Windows Explorer.

                If I understand you correctly, you are putting files in the
                Favorites folder. That is not how you do it, although you can put
                file there if you wish. You need to have the paths to your files
                in the .fvr files that are in the Favorites folder. There is a
                .fvr file for every category that you have.

                You can add them manually to an existing .fvr file or use the
                Favorites dialog to add them, the path to the files that is. You
                need to put them in the Categories that you want them in. Open
                the Favorites dialog (Favorites | Organize | Go to Favorites -
                Shift+F2) after choosing the Category (Favorites | Categories).
                Use the Add.. button to (browse to a file to enter it into the
                Category) add a path. Use the New button to paste a path or type
                one out.

                Press Shift+F2 and then click on the Help button or press F1 for
                a lot of help in using Favorites. Tip: You can resize the
                Favorites dialog and then click on the icon in the upper left of
                the window and then click on Save Window State so that NoteTab
                will remember what size to open the dialog next time it opens.
                (There is an Open Center option as well. The Save Window State
                will not get a check mark next to it. If it did, then it would
                leave you to believe that if you unchecked it, then the window
                state would not be remembered. It is always remember when you
                click on the Save Window State so you can change the size and
                position anytime you make changes if you wish.

                Happy Clip'n!

              • felix
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                  Thanks Jody. These files are my blog entries. All text files.
                  Since I wrote them I don't often refer back to them. It
                  might take too long to load NTP if all those files had to
                  boot up each time I used the program. I'll play around with
                  the ideas you have offered and see if they work for me.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 29, 2004
                    Hi Felix,

                    The main thing to remember is the Favorites works with file paths
                    in the FVR files in the Favorites folder. If you end the path in
                    a backslash and no file.ext, then a Windows Explorer type window
                    will open to that directory/folder and multiple files can be
                    opened using the Ctrl+click (random individual/selective) or
                    Shift+click (range). Do read Help on this. There is a lot of
                    useful information in it.

                    >Thanks Jody. These files are my blog entries. All text files.
                    >Since I wrote them I don't often refer back to them. It
                    >might take too long to load NTP if all those files had to
                    >boot up each time I used the program. I'll play around with
                    >the ideas you have offered and see if they work for me.
                    >
                    >On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:00:31 -0600
                    >Jody <kjv-av1611@...> wrote:
                    >

                    >> Hi Felix,
                    >>
                    >> >When I click on the Favorites menu button in NoteTab Pro, the
                    >> >files I store there using the Save As feature don't show up. I
                    >> >have to open Windows Explorer to the NTP folder to find my files.
                    >> >They're all there, that's not the problem, I just don't know how
                    >> >to get them to show up on the pull down menu in NTP so I don't
                    >> >have to stop and open Windows Explorer.
                    >>
                    >> If I understand you correctly, you are putting files in the
                    >> Favorites folder. That is not how you do it, although you can put
                    >> file there if you wish. You need to have the paths to your files
                    >> in the .fvr files that are in the Favorites folder. There is a
                    >> fvr file for every category that you have.

                    Happy Tab'n,