Can Notetab Change Its Prev And Next Word Behavior

  • james.homme@highmark.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
      Hi,
      I am noticing something about pressing Control Left and Control Right
      arrows that I would like to see changed if possible. When I use those keys
      to move through clips, they skip some punctuation. I would like to see
      those keys land on anything that is not a letter or number. This is because
      with a screen reader, you don't realize punctuation is skipped. The screen
      reader is set up to say what it thinks is the word when you land on
      something after pressing one of these keys. If this behavior could be
      changed, then we would not have to resort to clip syntax a character at a
      time, which is very difficult.

      Thanks.

      Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
        Hi Jim

        I'll pass that on to Eric so that he may add the change under the Blind
        User Mode.

        >I am noticing something about pressing Control Left and Control Right
        >arrows that I would like to see changed if possible. When I use those keys
        >to move through clips, they skip some punctuation. I would like to see
        >those keys land on anything that is not a letter or number. This is because
        >with a screen reader, you don't realize punctuation is skipped. The screen
        >reader is set up to say what it thinks is the word when you land on
        >something after pressing one of these keys. If this behavior could be
        >changed, then we would not have to resort to clip syntax a character at a
        >time, which is very difficult.
        >
        >Thanks.
        >
        >Jim

        bcnu,
        jody

        I can only please one person a day.
        Today is obviously not your day.
        Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
        http://www.clean-funnies.com
        http://www.notetab.net
        http://www.sojourners-software.com
      • Jamal Mazrui
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2003
          As a blind person, myself, let me request that the word boundaries be
          configurable, rather than specific in the blind user mode. I prefer
          that only space, tab, carriage return, and form feed characters be
          treated as word boundaries when navigating a word at a time. I find it
          inefficient and annoying when embedded punctuation characters are
          treated this way, which happens with most Windows (though not DOS-based)
          programs.

          Thanks for considering this.
          Jamal
          I'll pass that on to Eric so that he may add the change under the Blind
          User Mode.

          >I am noticing something about pressing Control Left and Control Right
          >arrows that I would like to see changed if possible. When I use those
          >keys to move through clips, they skip some punctuation. I would like to

          >see those keys land on anything that is not a letter or number. This is

          >because with a screen reader, you don't realize punctuation is skipped.

          >The screen reader is set up to say what it thinks is the word when you
          >land on something after pressing one of these keys. If this behavior
          >could be changed, then we would not have to resort to clip syntax a
          >character at a time, which is very difficult.
          >
          >Thanks.
          >
          >Jim

          bcnu,
          jody

          I can only please one person a day.
          Today is obviously not your day.
          Tomorrow doesn't look good either. 8D
          http://www.clean-funnies.com
          http://www.notetab.net http://www.sojourners-software.com

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 6, 2003
            Hi Jamal,

            I'll add your request also. Thanks for your input! FYI, we have a
            Fookes Software Accessibility discussion list as well as others.
            See my sig-line for it and this link for all of them:
            http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm

            >As a blind person, myself, let me request that the word boundaries be
            >configurable, rather than specific in the blind user mode. I prefer
            >that only space, tab, carriage return, and form feed characters be
            >treated as word boundaries when navigating a word at a time. I find it
            >inefficient and annoying when embedded punctuation characters are
            >treated this way, which happens with most Windows (though not DOS-based)
            >programs.
            >
            >Thanks for considering this.
            >Jamal

            Happy Fookes'n~