Re: [NTB] User-specific Favorites list?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
      Hi Al,

      At 04:51 PM 11/4/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >I use NoteTab Pro 4.95 with WinXP Pro on my home machine. I have
      >several login accounts on this machine, and I'd like to set up a
      >Favorites list that is user-specific. For example, I'd like a
      >Favorites category that references the "My Documents" folder - but
      >there is a different "My Documents" folder for each user, so I'd
      >like the Favorites category to reference the proper "My Favorites"
      >folder for the current user. Is there any way to do this? Thanks!
      >
      >- Al

      What I did was to add a catagery that I call "Folders". Go to the menu and
      select Favorites/Categories/New Category and enter the name "Folders" and
      click ok. Now open one document from each of the folders you want to add
      to this category and then on each one go to the ment and select
      Favorites/Organize/"Add Pathname to Favorites" or press Ctrl+Shift+F and
      then close that document. Do the same for each of the folders you want to
      add. Now when you click on the folders, and open dialog for that folder
      will appear which will allow you to open any file in that folder. If you
      hold down the shift key when selecting that folder from favorites a "Save
      as" dialog will open which will allow you to save your current document to
      that folder without deleting it from its original folder.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • snarkbyte
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 5, 2003
        Thanks, but I'm already using that trick. I just wondered if anyone
        knew a way to get NoteTab Pro to be sensitive to the current user's
        environment. Thanks, anyway :-)

        - SnarkByte