Re: hyperlink conversion

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      internet) of the form http://..........
      > When I use the convert to html, these links do not become
      hyperlinks but remain as text.

      Malcolm,

      A couple of answers...

      1. You know that you can activate the URL without converting it to
      html first? Go with the cursor to the URL you want to jump to and
      select F9, or (controlled by Quick Open Links in the Tools menu)
      double-click or CTRL+double-click the URL. Read the message in the
      status bar for clarification - if your cursor hovers over Quick Open
      Links.

      2. You could use a regular expression for this...

      Open up the replace box and type the following (be sure to check the
      Regular Expression box first).

      Reg. Expr.: http://[a-z.0-9]*
      Replace with: <a href="&">&</a>

      If you click Replace all, all links should be converted.

      (BTW: I recommend you test your regular expressions with a backup
      file first.)

      3. You can build a clip from this as well (I take a chance now), if
      you feel the need to discuss this, sign up for the clips-list as
      well...

      ^!Replace "http://[a-z\.0-9]*" >> "<a href="&">&</a>" RAWI

      HTH,

      Hugo