hyperlink conversion

  • Malcolm Firth
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
      Dear All,

      I wonder if you can help?
      I have a text file with lots of file links (hyperlinks to the internet) of the form http://..........
      When I use the convert to html, these links do not become hyperlinks but remain as text. Is there a clip or a command somewhere that would automatically convert these text links to hyperlinks so that clicking on them would take me to the website.
      Can anyone help?
      Waiting to hear,
      Malcolm

    • hugo_paulissen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 4, 2003
        > I have a text file with lots of file links (hyperlinks to the
        internet) of the form http://..........
        > When I use the convert to html, these links do not become
        hyperlinks but remain as text.

        Malcolm,

        A couple of answers...

        1. You know that you can activate the URL without converting it to
        html first? Go with the cursor to the URL you want to jump to and
        select F9, or (controlled by Quick Open Links in the Tools menu)
        double-click or CTRL+double-click the URL. Read the message in the
        status bar for clarification - if your cursor hovers over Quick Open
        Links.

        2. You could use a regular expression for this...

        Open up the replace box and type the following (be sure to check the
        Regular Expression box first).

        Reg. Expr.: http://[a-z.0-9]*
        Replace with: <a href="&">&</a>

        If you click Replace all, all links should be converted.

        (BTW: I recommend you test your regular expressions with a backup
        file first.)

        3. You can build a clip from this as well (I take a chance now), if
        you feel the need to discuss this, sign up for the clips-list as
        well...

        ^!Replace "http://[a-z\.0-9]*" >> "<a href="&">&</a>" RAWI

        HTH,

        Hugo