Re: [NTB] Calling NoteTabPro from another program

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2003
      At 01:22 AM 10/28/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >I'm using AceFTP3 which calls NoteTab Light no probs, but It won't
      >call Pro! Any ideas?
      >
      >Drew

      Hi Drew,

      This is slightly off topic for this list but I will try to give you a
      little information. It is difficult to know how to answer you wnen I have
      never used or heard of AceFTP3 and I do not have an idea of what it does or
      how you configure it. I have used a number of programs to serve as program
      launchers over the years and the biggest thing appears to be whether the
      launcher can find the executable properly. In the case of NoteTab Pro, the
      executable is a file called Notepro.exe in the NoteTab Pro folder. Many
      times I have mistakenly pointed my launching program to a Windows shortcut
      and that works most of the time but some launchers will just not work with
      shortcuts and I have to replace that setting with the executable.

      Another possibility is that your launcher might require you to enter the
      path for the executable in it when you assign it to launch NoteTab Pro. If
      this is the problem, it is not a problem with NoteTab but with your
      launching program. Eric has set up NoteTab's install program so that it is
      entered into the AppPath section of the registry and it normally does not
      need the path to launch it from windows. That is, you can open Windows Run
      dialog and just enter Notepro and click ok and Windows will look through
      the registry and find the correct path for the executable and run the
      program. I hope that this is helpful for you.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê