Re: [NTB] How do I change Default search direction?

  • Don Passenger
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 22, 2003
      unless I am mistaken, once you use up from the drop down menu that stays
      chosen indefinately

      also, double clicking in a blank spot on the search dialog box (where there
      isn't a button or text field) takes you to the proper end of the document
      (top for down -- bottom for up) to permit searching the entire document

      --

      Don Passenger

      If you need an html fix visit
      http://www.htmlfixit.com

      to fix your problems
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 22, 2003
        I rarely use 'up' searches, but when I choose an 'all' seach
        it quickly reverts to 'down'. I wish it would stick with the
        one I chose.

        Bill

        Bill Lynch, Kilfenora, County Clare, Ireland
        065 707 1363, BillLynch@...
        Set Dancing News: www.SetDancingNews.net
        Willie Clancy Summer School: www.SetDancingNews.net/wcss
      • Larry Ciolfi
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
          You are correct, once you change the search direction it stays that
          way until you close the editor. But when you open it again it
          returns to the Default of "Down". The double clicking works as it
          should, but doesn't work for me. I need to search "Up" from where I
          am in the text file, not from the beginning.
          Thanks for the reply.
          LC

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Don Passenger" <dpasseng@i...> wrote:
          > unless I am mistaken, once you use up from the drop down menu that
          stays
          > chosen indefinately
          >
          > also, double clicking in a blank spot on the search dialog box
          (where there
          > isn't a button or text field) takes you to the proper end of the
          document
          > (top for down -- bottom for up) to permit searching the entire
          document

        • John Zeman
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
            Hi Larry,

            A couple years ago I had a similar frustration using the built in
            NoteTab find feature, so I wrote a simple clip to search documents
            the way I want to. That's the beauty of NoteTab, if you don't like
            the way one feature works, create a clip to do things the way you
            want.

            Since this is the basic NoteTab forum, it's not a place to discuss
            clip programming so you might consider joining the below forum (if
            you are not already a member) and asking your question there.

            John

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Larry Ciolfi" <Ciolfil@y...> wrote:
            > You are correct, once you change the search direction it stays that
            > way until you close the editor. But when you open it again it
            > returns to the Default of "Down". The double clicking works as it
            > should, but doesn't work for me. I need to search "Up" from where
            > am in the text file, not from the beginning.
            > Thanks for the reply.
            > LC

          • Don Passenger
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 23, 2003
              As someone else suggested, hit the clips list. They can whip up an answer
              like make a clip that runs a "dummy" search and sets direction to up when
              you start the program if you always want it to go up, or just make a clip to
              use for either direction.

              --

              Don Passenger