User defined tags?

  • Ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2003
      Greetings,

      I'm just starting to try out the 30 day trial version of NoteTab Pro
      (I tried NoteTab Lite but it doesn't have a spell checker!). It
      appears to be a totally wonderful editor with many more features (and
      easy to use at that!) than the UltraEdit editor I've been using for
      many years. There is one feature however that is ESSENTIAL to me that
      I cannot seem to locate in the NoteTab help. I participate in various
      forums like vBulletin, UBB, and EzBoard that use codes unique to
      their particular forums. Typically the codes are very much like a
      subset of HTML, except that the angle-brackets are replaced with left
      and right square brackets. For example, in order to make text bold or
      italic, these forums use codes like this:

      [b]bold text[/b]
      [i]italicized text[/i]

      If someone can point me to a feature within NoteTab that allows me to
      insert these type of codes around highlighted text strings similarly
      to the way the NoteTab HTML feature works, then I will purchase
      NoteTab Pro immediately. Without this feature, NoteTab is useless to
      me however. My UltraEdit text editor allows me to define the desired
      tags myself, so that I can create whatever tags I need. Does NoteTab
      have such a feature?

      One other thing - NoteTab appears to have a macro language they call
      the "Clip Language" that allows one to execute a series of operations
      on an entire file by invoking a user written "Clip" script. Is that
      correct, or am I misinterpreting the Help file information?

      Thank you,

      -- Ron Dotson