Re: [NTB] Search Disk & Outlines

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 8, 2003
      Hi Julie,

      I don't know if it is because of the format, but that is the way it
      works. <g> Outlines do not remember cursor position when reopened,
      nor do they remember bookmarks when switching topics. As far as your
      situation goes, I'd copy the search criteria and then paste it in the
      Find dialog once it opens. I think that is about the best you are
      going to get unless you build a Clip to do it. (We do not have a Search
      Disk Clip command, but you can use the Keyboard command.)

      >In using the search disk function with text files, the file opens
      >at the point of the first occurrence of the search term in the
      >file. It doesn't work this way with outline files... the
      >outline opens at the beginning of the file. Is it not possible
      >for the outline file to open at the first occurrence because of
      >the file format?

      Happy Tab'n,
      Jody Adair

      NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
      http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 8, 2003
        Hi Jody,

        >I don't know if it is because of the format, but that is the way it
        >works. <g> Outlines do not remember cursor position when reopened,
        >nor do they remember bookmarks when switching topics. As far as your
        >situation goes, I'd copy the search criteria and then paste it in the
        >Find dialog once it opens. I think that is about the best you are
        >going to get unless you build a Clip to do it. (We do not have a Search
        >Disk Clip command, but you can use the Keyboard command.)

        Yeah, that's the way I've been doing it. I've been playing around with
        archiving the Y! ntb-clips messages in an outline format. One of the best
        ways to understanding syntax and usage of the Clip language for me has been
        using disk search in the Libraries directory. I was hoping to do the same
        with the outlines. I was hoping it was a fluke, but, as you said, a clip
        can take care it.

        Julie