Re: [NTB] How to embed control codes

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi Larry,

      It's funny how we do something all the time and it just doesn't
      ring a bell when asked about it. ;) You can use the regular
      Windows Character Map (CharMap.exe) to get the keystroke. You
      can go to Start | Run and type in "charmap" without the quotes to
      run it. If it does not start you might need to load it from your
      Windows CD. Go to Add/Remove Programs | System Tools and check
      the box to add the Character Map tool. Please go to the Off
      Topic list if you need to discuss any of that that doesn't have
      anything to do with the basic use of NoteTab. Please see my
      signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

      >You can enter many other codes by hoding down the alt key and
      >typing in the decimal number and then releasing the alt key.
      >There are two problems here though. You must use an extra zero
      >for the first number for codes above 127. Example is that Alt
      >plust 130 and releasing Alt will not work. Alt and 0130 an
      >releast Alt will work correctly. Also you cannot use this method
      >on the control codes from 0 through 30.

      Happy Topics,
      Jody

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List
      Options for Off Topic List
      All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:
      http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
    • epement
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 6, 2003
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:

        > ring a bell when asked about it. ;) You can use the regular
        > Windows Character Map (CharMap.exe) to get the keystroke.

        and from Larry,

        > >You can enter many other codes by hoding down the alt key and
        > >typing in the decimal number and then releasing the alt key.
        > >There are two problems here though. You must use an extra zero
        > >for the first number for codes above 127. Example is that Alt
        > >plust 130 and releasing Alt will not work. Alt and 0130 an
        > >releast Alt will work correctly. Also you cannot use this method
        > >on the control codes from 0 through 30.

        Thanks so much for these direct and helpful replies. I appreciate
        your input and assistance!!

        --
        Eric Pement