Re: [NTB] How to embed control codes

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
      Hi Jody,

      At 03:44 PM 10/1/03 -0500, you wrote:
      >Hi epement,
      >
      >I believe you can only use the tokens for the following (other than doing
      Clips.

      >The Find and Replace dialog boxes accept tokens to represent special
      characters:

      > ^T = Tab ($09)
      > ^B = Page break ($0C)
      > ^P = Paragraph (carriage-return/line-feed pair)

      You can enter many other codes by hoding down the alt key and typing in the
      decimal number and then releasing the alt key. There are two problems here
      though. You must use an extra zero for the first number for codes above
      127. Example is that Alt plust 130 and releasing Alt will not work. Alt
      and 0130 an releast Alt will work correctly. Also you cannot use this
      method on the control codes from 0 through 30.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2003
        Hi Larry,

        It's funny how we do something all the time and it just doesn't
        ring a bell when asked about it. ;) You can use the regular
        Windows Character Map (CharMap.exe) to get the keystroke. You
        can go to Start | Run and type in "charmap" without the quotes to
        run it. If it does not start you might need to load it from your
        Windows CD. Go to Add/Remove Programs | System Tools and check
        the box to add the Character Map tool. Please go to the Off
        Topic list if you need to discuss any of that that doesn't have
        anything to do with the basic use of NoteTab. Please see my
        signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

        >You can enter many other codes by hoding down the alt key and
        >typing in the decimal number and then releasing the alt key.
        >There are two problems here though. You must use an extra zero
        >for the first number for codes above 127. Example is that Alt
        >plust 130 and releasing Alt will not work. Alt and 0130 an
        >releast Alt will work correctly. Also you cannot use this method
        >on the control codes from 0 through 30.

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List
        Options for Off Topic List
        All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists:
        http://www.fookes.us/maillist.htm
      • epement
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 6, 2003
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Jody <av1611@e...> wrote:

          > ring a bell when asked about it. ;) You can use the regular
          > Windows Character Map (CharMap.exe) to get the keystroke.

          and from Larry,

          > >You can enter many other codes by hoding down the alt key and
          > >typing in the decimal number and then releasing the alt key.
          > >There are two problems here though. You must use an extra zero
          > >for the first number for codes above 127. Example is that Alt
          > >plust 130 and releasing Alt will not work. Alt and 0130 an
          > >releast Alt will work correctly. Also you cannot use this method
          > >on the control codes from 0 through 30.

          Thanks so much for these direct and helpful replies. I appreciate
          your input and assistance!!

          --
          Eric Pement