Re: [NTB] Use of wild card

  • Robin Chapple
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 18, 2003
      Thanks Larry

      I have now used the expression and it is just what I needed.

      At 19/09/2003 02:15 AM, you wrote:
      > >Then in help select Reference Information/Dialog Boxes/Regular Expressions.
      >
      >As an illustration, for the specific example you gave, the regular
      >expression <td [^>]*> will find all <td ...> tags (providing Regular
      >Expression is checked in the Find/Replace dialog box); replacing them with
    • Robin Chapple
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 18, 2003
        Thanks Larry,

        It is all a bit confused at the moment. I just hope that I do not upset too
        many people if I post to the wrong list.

        I'll keep my fingers crossed but not hold my breath. <G>

        Cheers.

        Robin

      • Larry Thomas
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 18, 2003
          At 10:52 AM 9/19/03 +1000, you wrote:

          >Thanks Larry,
          >
          >It is all a bit confused at the moment. I just hope that I do not upset too
          >many people if I post to the wrong list.
          >
          >I'll keep my fingers crossed but not hold my breath. <G>

          Listen, the only one you really have to worry about is the basic list
          anyway. It is really for new users to discuss the basic features of the
          product so they can at least get familiar with using it on a regular basis
          and hopefully recommend it to their freinds/business associates.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 19, 2003
            At 09:42 AM 9/19/03 +1000, you wrote:
            >Thanks Larry
            >
            >I have now used the expression and it is just what I needed.
            >
            >At 19/09/2003 02:15 AM, you wrote:
            >> >Then in help select Reference Information/Dialog Boxes/Regular
            Expressions.

            You are very much welcome. Thanks should also be given to Don Daugherty
            who posted the information below to you on 9-18-03.

            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 19, 2003
              Indeed Larry,

              The error was mine when I quoted Don on 19th and replied to you. Another
              senior moment. <G>

              Apologies and thanks to Don.

              Robin