Re: [NTB] How to add document fonts?

  • Larry Thomas
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
      At 05:16 AM 9/13/03 -0000, you wrote:
      >I have several fonts installed that do not show up on the pulldown
      >list for available document fonts. These fonts do, however appear on
      >the pulldowns as available fonts for the Clipbook and QuickList
      >windows. How do I make these fonts available for the document?
      >
      >- SnarkByte

      NoteTab Pro does not allow variable width fonts. You can only use fixed
      width fonts which are displayed in the drop down list. This is because
      NoteTab Pro uses a different control for displaying fonts. The freeware
      version (NoteTab Light) and the othere commercial version (NoteTab
      Standard) use the Rich Text Edit control which allows them to use variable
      width fonts including the various True Type fonts that you can install.
      These version cannot use the fixed width fonts which NoteTab Pro uses. I
      would suggest that you download and install NoteTab Light and use it when
      you want to use your special fonts.

      Regards,

      Larry
      lrt@... e¿ê
    • Larry Thomas
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 12, 2003
        I need to add to my last message that NoteTab Pro does support both fixed
        width and variable width fonts in the clipbook, the quick list properties
        and the printer dialog as you have already seen. The limitation that I
        mentioned applies only to the Edit Conttrol used for displaying fonts in
        the documents you are editing. As a natter if fact, NoteTab Light and
        NoteTab Standard also support all fonts in the clipbook, quick list, and
        printer dialog but not in the open document.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • wjhemphill
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 10, 2004
          Hi Larry,
          is there any way one can add more fixed width fonts to the existing
          list offered on Notetab Pro??

          wjh.
        • Larry Thomas
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 10, 2004
            Hi wjh,

            At 07:24 PM 1/10/04 -0000, you wrote:
            >Hi Larry,
            >is there any way one can add more fixed width fonts to the existing
            >list offered on Notetab Pro??
            >
            >wjh.

            Well, I know that NoteTab can only show fixed width fonts. I believe that
            you can add more fonts of that type to it if you can find the software.
            Examples would be some non-English fonts, Russian-Cyrilic, Arabic, Hebrew,
            etc. I guess that you would have to search the web for sites that have
            them or sell them or you might find them in a software store if you know of
            one with an extensive inventory.

            You just copy them into the fonts folder for you operating system and they
            should them become available to NoteTab to use. On Windows 98 they are
            found in C:\WINDOWS\FONTS.

            Regards,

            Larry
            lrt@... e¿ê