Re: Behavior of double click

  • hugo_paulissen
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
      > This week, it's only selecting the word, and I have to hold down
      > shift and click where I want selection extended to. Also,
      > the 'invisible carriage return' at the end of the line isn't
      > selectable, this may be related.

      Hi,

      I'm not sure, but I don't think NoteTabPro ever had the possibility
      to "doubleclick-drag" without the shift-key pressed. If you double-
      click a word it will be selected. To highlight more words you have to
      hold the shift key and drag the mouse, as you described.

      To have the whitespace after the word selected as well you would have
      to alt-doubleclick a word (alt-doubleclick toggles selection-mode,
      NoteTab remembers your preference). If you repeat this you will see
      that one time the word and the whitespace is selected, the other time
      just the word.

      NoteTab Pro and Standard use a different text-control, which may be
      related to what you described here.

      Hugo
    • hsavage
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 10, 2003
        hugo_paulissen wrote:

        >> This week, it's only selecting the word, and I have to hold down
        >> shift and click where I want selection extended to. Also,
        >> the 'invisible carriage return' at the end of the line isn't
        >> selectable, this may be related.
        >>
        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm not sure, but I don't think NoteTabPro ever had the possibility
        > to "doubleclick-drag" without the shift-key pressed. If you double-
        > click a word it will be selected. To highlight more words you have to
        > hold the shift key and drag the mouse, as you described.
        >
        > To have the whitespace after the word selected as well you would have
        > to alt-doubleclick a word (alt-doubleclick toggles selection-mode,
        > NoteTab remembers your preference).
        >
        > Hugo

        Hugo, frostsidhe,

        Double-click-drag text selection may not be a standard feature of NTPro
        and if you use the left mousekey to double-click it doesn't work. But,
        I've found a combination that will allow it to work, at least it works
        on my computer-mouse combo.

        First you must have a wheelmouse, rotating the wheel, in most cases
        scrolls the screen. All 'meese' I've seen allow the wheel to be
        depressed to perform an optional function. Mine is set to send a
        double-click when depressed.

        If you don't have yours set for anything more important change it to
        send 'doubleclick'. If you use the mouse wheel to doubleclick a word
        and keep the wheel depressed you can drag and select text just as if you
        were using the 'Shift+Click+Drag'.

        This may not work in all cases but, if it does, it's a nice feature.

        hrs
      • hugo_paulissen
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 11, 2003
          > If you don't have yours set for anything more important
          > change it to send 'doubleclick'. If you use the mouse
          > wheel to doubleclick a word and keep the wheel depressed
          > you can drag and select text just as if you were using
          > the 'Shift+Click+Drag'.
          >
          > This may not work in all cases but, if it does, it's a nice feature.
          >
          > hrs

          Hrs,

          Great, it works! But it disables the possibility to close a document
          by clicking on a tab with the scroll-button.

          Ah well: at home I'm back to a years-old basic mouse (my scroll mouse
          didn't function anymore), while at work I noticed I don't use the
          scroll-button that much anymore because my index-finger is getting
          tired ;-)

          Hugo
        • frostsidhe
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 11, 2003
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, hsavage <hsavage@p...> wrote:
            > First you must have a wheelmouse, rotating the wheel, in most cases
            > scrolls the screen. All 'meese' I've seen allow the wheel to be
            > depressed to perform an optional function. Mine is set to send a
            > double-click when depressed.

            That works for now, thank you for the tip :)

            I did upgrade a couple of weeks ago from Notetab Standard to Notetab
            Pro, depressing to lose a feature tho :)

            Thanks again! :)
          • Mike Breiding
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 11, 2003
              Can anyone tell me how to disable the Spell Checker dialog box that reports
              the numer of words checked?

              Thanks,
              -Mike
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 12, 2003
                Hi Mike,

                >Can anyone tell me how to disable the Spell Checker dialog box
                >that reports the numer of words checked?

                It cannot be done.

                Happy Tab'n,
                Jody Adair

                NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
                http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
              • Mike Breiding
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 13, 2003
                  At 07:02 PM 9/12/2003 -0500, you wrote:
                  >To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
                  >Subject: Re: [NTB] disable the Spell Checker dialog box
                  >
                  >Hi Mike,
                  >
                  > >Can anyone tell me how to disable the Spell Checker dialog box
                  > >that reports the numer of words checked?
                  >
                  >It cannot be done.
                  >
                  >Happy Tab'n,
                  >Jody Adair

                  Please - "Make it so".

                  -Mike
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 14, 2003
                    Hi Mike,

                    I'm curious as to why you use it. Why do you want it disabled?
                    Just don't use it. Wouldn't that have the end result of
                    disabling it? You can always remove the dictionaries if you
                    don't want it to work.

                    >> > Can anyone tell me how to disable the Spell Checker dialog box
                    >> > that reports the numer of words checked?
                    >>
                    >> It cannot be done.
                    >
                    >Please - "Make it so".

                    Happy Tab'n,
                    Jody Adair

                    NoteTabbers Assistant Page Clean-Funnies dot com
                    http://www.notetab.net www.clean-funnies.com
                  • Greg Chapman
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 15, 2003
                      Hi Mike,

                      You said:

                      > >Please - "Make it so".

                      Like Jody, I couldn't understand why you want it not to appear.

                      After all you've got to click some button to make the spelling dialogue(s)
                      to disappear. when you click the OK button for the summary dialogue to
                      disappear, the main spelling dialogue goes too.

                      If the summary dialogue wasn't there, you'd still need to click the "Close"
                      button on the main dialogue to get a clear screen.

                      What am I missing?

                      Greg
                    • Tony Hirtenstein
                      Message 10 of 12 , Apr 15, 2004
                        On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 07:28:55 -0000, "hugo_paulissen"
                        <H.Paulissen@...> so much as wrote:

                        ; If you double-click a word it will be selected.

                        Here, if I double-click a word NoteTab immediately passes it to my Web
                        browser. I don't want this behaviour: how do I get rid of it and back to simply
                        selecting the word?

                        --

                        West Oxfordshire ******************* <tonyh@...>
                        Message 11 of 12 , Apr 15, 2004
                          Ahem...

                          When I wrote a moment ago about double-clicking launching my browser, I
                          had forgotten to look at previous discussions. Of course I had Tools-Quick Open
                          Links checked; which seems (inexplicably) to be the default.