Re: Stuck URLs

  • phy2_99
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2003
      [edited by moderator to delete excessive quoting]

      Did anyone actually solve this problem I have the exact same
      problem. I have just upgraded to Broadband I wonder if that makes
      any difference, I updated a page then hours later it eventually
      refreshed. do you thin the problem is with my ISP and is tere any
      way around it other than to wait until the ISP clears their cache.

      regards

      Philip Rickwood

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2003
        Hi Philip,

        I don't know, but you might have better luck on the HTML list.
        Please see my signature line to subscribe to it. TIA

        >Did anyone actually solve this problem I have the exact same
        >problem. I have just upgraded to Broadband I wonder if that makes
        >any difference, I updated a page then hours later it eventually
        >refreshed. do you thin the problem is with my ISP and is tere any
        >way around it other than to wait until the ISP clears their cache.
        >
        >regards
        >
        >Philip Rickwood
        >
        >--- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, caitlin@w... wrote:
        >> David-
        >>
        >> I have tried to access the page on other computers, and the
        >> same thing happens. I think it's certainly SOME kind of problem
        >> with the cache, but why would that make the link not change? I
        >> just tried creating a new page for directions.html that would
        >> send people to directionsindex.html, and it still sent the
        >> browser to the old directions.html, which is completely deleted
        >> by now!
        >>
        >> Do you know how I can pull those little babies out of the
        >> cache? Or do you think it will take a while? It's already been
        >> a couple of weeks since I changed the page.
        >>
        >> Thanks!
        >> Caitlin
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Happy html'n!