Re: [NTB] Regular Expression Help

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1 7:03 PM
      Bishop

      Greg's advice about allowing Notetab to help by auto-converting to handle
      some of the characters that need to be escaped should help.

      For your specific example (w/o the "=="):

      RegExp: ==blueFont\("Arial",{".*}\);\s*$==
      Replace: ==echo "\1==

      Note: the \s* on the end is in case you have trailing spaces

      It may be possible to do it more generally than this, but you might be
      getting trapped by the " at the end of the font name and the " in \"title\".
      Notetab's current rage is greedy to if you have any sort of a wildcard
      before a " it will run all the way to the last one.

      If there are several fonts that are all to get reduced to an "echo",
      something like this might work:
      (("Arial")|("Helvetica")|("anyotherFONT")) in place of the specific "Arial"
      though I confess that I wasn't able to get this one to work - probably some
      silly typo I'm missing.

      the \s* at the end is in case there are trailing spaces.

      If you do need the more general case, post back with 5 or 6 examples of what
      you're starting with, and what you need to end up with.

      Regards ... Alec

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2 3:21 AM
        Hi,
        Why won't an exact replace work?

        Thanks.

        Jim

        "bizshop1"
        <steve@... To: notetab@yahoogroups.com
        m> cc:
        Subject: [NTB] Regular Expression Help
        09/01/2003 07:10
        AM
        Please respond to
        notetab

        I'm trying to use the regular expression function and have spent the
        last * hours trying different combos, searching the web, etc.

        I have lines similar to:

        include("masthead.php");
        blueFont("Arial","How many additional copies of \"$title\" do you
        want?");

        I'm shifting to CSS and want to change second line to

        include("masthead.php");
        echo "How many additional copies of \"$title\" do you want?";

        The enclosed $ or \" are causing me fits....

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor