RE: [NTB] my eyes - I see ads!

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hi sisterscape,

      > Yes, I get the ads at the bottom of every post but No! Flash stops the
      > animated gifs from doing their thing. It's a freebie which I recommend
      > installing to stop this kind of visual harassment online.

      If you are getting graphical ads on messages from YahooGroups lists then you
      have not visited the "join" page of the list where it happens:

      where <listname> is the name of the list (e.g. notetab).

      There you find the option to set "Do not convert to HTML".

      Even though Jody has set this list not to allow HTML attachments, which
      includes the graphical ads that YahooGroups love to add, YahooGroups
      converts it back again to they can be sent! :-(

      Each individual subscriber has to change manually the default setting in
      order to stop the graphical ads. Once you have set the option above, you
      will still get ads, but they are a less intrusive 3 or 4 lines of text.

      Greg