Re: [NTB] my eyes - I see ads!

  • Mike Hopkins
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
      Of course you are special!
      That doesn't have anything to do with spinning wheels or banner ads, though.
      You are special everytime you answer someone's question on the lists.

      Mike
      ironmike@...

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        Hi Lotto,

        At 01:29 PM 9/1/03 +0200, you wrote:

        >>I've heard others, on other lists say this kind of thing can take a
        >>substantial period of time to propogate to all the servers.
        >
        >That's encouraging. >:-(
        >Thanks, now I know it's just me.
        >
        >>FWIW - I've never seen my settings get automagically changed.
        >
        >I'm not sure. It might have happened with other settings earlier but my
        memory isn't totally clear. I never go there if I can help it so I'm not
        likely to screw things up by mistake. Last time was 2-3 weeks ago when I
        changed email address for these lists and was extra careful with the
        options. So whatever changed it since then it wasn't me.

        >P.S. They aren't banners anymore, they are #@%$ skyscrapers!

        I am wondering just how much longer we have. The spammers and worm mongers
        are taking over it appears. They are now out vandalizing/changing websites
        without the users permission and these email delay's suggest that the
        excessive unwanted email is starting to plug up the system like an
        overflowing toilet. I wish that I knew what the answer is but I fear that
        if this is to continue we will eventually lose what we have.

        I suspect that a hacker/vandal has gotten into these websites and is
        experimenting with changing them.
        I would now suggest that we move on to other topics. Anyway, I have no
        more to say on this.

        Regards,

        Larry
        lrt@... e¿ê
      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          Lotta:

          > P.S. They aren't banners anymore, they are #@%$ skyscrapers!

          This wanders perilously close to being off-topic (forgive me this once
          Jody), but if the skyscrapers you're talking about are the banners on the
          Yahoo-groups web-site pages as opposed to the ones at the bottom of HTML
          format email FROM yahoo-groups, you should definitely consider Proxomitron.
          They've got some filters specifically designed to tame the Yahoo-groups
          websites so that they are actually quite pleasant to visit :-)

          Regards ... Alec

            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003
              Hi Lotta and Others,

              It happens to us all sooner or later especially for frequent
              posters. I've been getting so bombarded with worms, way too many
              messages, etc. It is hard just trying to keep up with the daily
              routine. Gee, do the lists come with a frequent poster plan like
              frequent flyers. ;) OffTopic mailto: link in my sig-line to
              subscribe.

              Lotta wrote:
              >It was off topic to begin with. My apologies to everyone.

              Happy Topics,
              Jody

              The NoteTab Off-Topic List
              All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists: