Re: [NTB] my eyes - I see ads!

  • Brian van den Broek
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hi there,

      it's not happening to me (thankfully).

      best,

      brian van den broek

      On 1 Sep 2003 at 7:03, loro wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I see spinning ads and html formatting in the posts. It started
      > earlier today. I logged in to yahoogroups and my prefs were changed to
      > HTML. Pffft! I changed them back. I still get ads, about 15 hours
      > later. Does this happen to everyone or am I special?
      >
      > Lotta
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
        At 9/1/2003 07:03 AM +0200 Monday, you wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >I see spinning ads and html formatting in the posts. It started earlier
        >today. I logged in to yahoogroups and my prefs were changed to HTML.
        >Pffft! I changed them back. I still get ads, about 15 hours later. Does
        >this happen to everyone or am I special?

        I haven't had that happen but I have mysteriously started to get individual
        mails on lists I was either nomail or digest on.

        Julie
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
          Yes, I get the ads at the bottom of every post but No! Flash stops the
          animated gifs from doing their thing. It's a freebie which I recommend
          installing to stop this kind of visual harassment online.

          sisterscape

          --- loro <loro-spam01-@...> wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > I see spinning ads and html formatting in the posts. It started
          > earlier today. I logged in to yahoogroups and my prefs were changed
          > to HTML. Pffft! I changed them back. I still get ads, about 15 hours
          > later. Does this happen to everyone or am I special?
          >
          > Lotta

          http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2003
            Hi sisterscape,

            > Yes, I get the ads at the bottom of every post but No! Flash stops the
            > animated gifs from doing their thing. It's a freebie which I recommend
            > installing to stop this kind of visual harassment online.

            If you are getting graphical ads on messages from YahooGroups lists then you
            have not visited the "join" page of the list where it happens:

            where <listname> is the name of the list (e.g. notetab).

            There you find the option to set "Do not convert to HTML".

            Even though Jody has set this list not to allow HTML attachments, which
            includes the graphical ads that YahooGroups love to add, YahooGroups
            converts it back again to they can be sent! :-(

            Each individual subscriber has to change manually the default setting in
            order to stop the graphical ads. Once you have set the option above, you
            will still get ads, but they are a less intrusive 3 or 4 lines of text.

            Greg