Re: [NTB] my eyes - I see ads!

  • loro
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
      >I've heard others, on other lists say this kind of thing can take a
      >substantial period of time to propogate to all the servers.

      That's encouraging. >:-(
      Thanks, now I know it's just me.

      >FWIW - I've never seen my settings get automagically changed.

      I'm not sure. It might have happened with other settings earlier but my memory isn't totally clear. I never go there if I can help it so I'm not likely to screw things up by mistake. Last time was 2-3 weeks ago when I changed email address for these lists and was extra careful with the options. So whatever changed it since then it wasn't me.

      P.S. They aren't banners anymore, they are #@%$ skyscrapers!

      Lotta
    • Mike Hopkins
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        Of course you are special!
        That doesn't have anything to do with spinning wheels or banner ads, though.
        You are special everytime you answer someone's question on the lists.

        Mike
        ironmike@...

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          Hi Lotto,

          At 01:29 PM 9/1/03 +0200, you wrote:

          >>I've heard others, on other lists say this kind of thing can take a
          >>substantial period of time to propogate to all the servers.
          >
          >That's encouraging. >:-(
          >Thanks, now I know it's just me.
          >
          >>FWIW - I've never seen my settings get automagically changed.
          >
          >I'm not sure. It might have happened with other settings earlier but my
          memory isn't totally clear. I never go there if I can help it so I'm not
          likely to screw things up by mistake. Last time was 2-3 weeks ago when I
          changed email address for these lists and was extra careful with the
          options. So whatever changed it since then it wasn't me.

          >P.S. They aren't banners anymore, they are #@%$ skyscrapers!

          I am wondering just how much longer we have. The spammers and worm mongers
          are taking over it appears. They are now out vandalizing/changing websites
          without the users permission and these email delay's suggest that the
          excessive unwanted email is starting to plug up the system like an
          overflowing toilet. I wish that I knew what the answer is but I fear that
          if this is to continue we will eventually lose what we have.

          I suspect that a hacker/vandal has gotten into these websites and is
          experimenting with changing them.
          I would now suggest that we move on to other topics. Anyway, I have no
          more to say on this.

          Regards,

          Larry
          lrt@... e¿ê
        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
            Lotta:

            > P.S. They aren't banners anymore, they are #@%$ skyscrapers!

            This wanders perilously close to being off-topic (forgive me this once
            Jody), but if the skyscrapers you're talking about are the banners on the
            Yahoo-groups web-site pages as opposed to the ones at the bottom of HTML
            format email FROM yahoo-groups, you should definitely consider Proxomitron.
            They've got some filters specifically designed to tame the Yahoo-groups
            websites so that they are actually quite pleasant to visit :-)

            Regards ... Alec

              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 3, 2003
                Hi Lotta and Others,

                It happens to us all sooner or later especially for frequent
                posters. I've been getting so bombarded with worms, way too many
                messages, etc. It is hard just trying to keep up with the daily
                routine. Gee, do the lists come with a frequent poster plan like
                frequent flyers. ;) OffTopic mailto: link in my sig-line to
                subscribe.

                Lotta wrote:
                >It was off topic to begin with. My apologies to everyone.

                Happy Topics,
                Jody

                The NoteTab Off-Topic List
                All Fookes Software YahooGroups lists: