OT: Find and Replace, Clip Resources?

  • Veli-Pekka Tätilä
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2003
      Hi,
      I know this is not the clip list but I would not want to join it, yet, for
      just a couple of messages. Anyway, I was thinking of executing a couple of
      find and replace commands to the contents of the current document and it
      seems the only way to do a series of find&replace conveniently is to use the
      clip language. I wish NTP 5 would include facilities of recording a macro
      and saving it as a clip but that's another story.

      What's the syntax for using the find and replace in the clip language and
      what else do I need to add (header info, selecting only the currently active
      document etc...) to make it work?

      I'm new to the clip language but have some experience in C and a little in
      Java. Are there any clip tutorials assuming former programming experience?

      Speaking of the symbols denoting the different clip elements keywords,
      variables, functions etc... I find most of those awfully difficult to
      remember and enter not to mention somewhat illogical. Why so strange a
      special character set and is there some great logic behind it as to why it's
      what it is?

      Thanks for your help in advance, and appologies for not posting to the OT or
      clip lists.

      With kind regards Veli-Pekka Tätilä (vtatila@...)
      Accessibility, VG music, synthesizers and programming:
      http://www.student.oulu.fi/~vtatila