Spell Checking with correctly repeated digits - soution or workaround?

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 26, 2003
      Hi Jody and gurus:

      >>Can you tell Notetab to ignore repeated words, because they're
      >>not really repeated as punctuation separates them. Word doesn't
      >>pick on these parts.

      >No, not at this time.

      You could probably add some to the Auto-
      Correct Library

      Has this answer changed in two years?

      Forthe first time ever, I wanted to spell-check a large file that has some
      numeric columns with entries like:

      both of which get picked up as Repeated words (regardless of the setting of
      the "Words Containing Numbers" checkbox.

      The only workaround I can think of is some regexp Find/Replace to change all
      occurances of
      {\d}{.}{\d} to "\1 xyz \2 xyz \3" where xyz doesn't already occur and then
      replace " xyx " by "" after doing the spell-check.

      Anyone got any better answers?

      Regards ... Alec
      From: Jody <av1611@e...>
      Date: Fri Jul 27, 2001 12:01 am
      Subject: Re: [NTB] Dictionary?

      Hi Mars,

      >Ok, here we go now. If the Spellchecker encounters a 'teh' can I
      >tell it to always provide 'the' as the prodominant replacement?

      Spell check "teh" and use the for the replacement, then click on
      Auto-Correct. (Open your spell checker and press Help. There is
      content sensitive help for you there - click on a button and it
      tells you what it does.) The following is also on the same page:

      "The Auto-Correct button adds the words in the "Not Found" edit
      field and the "Replace With" edit field to the current user
      dictionary (specified in the Configuration) as an auto-correct
      pair. Any future occurrence of the presumed misspelled word will
      then be replaced with the correct spelling automatically. This
      is useful for common spelling mistakes, such as recieve:receive
      and teh:the."