Re: Re: [NTB] Re: NTP keeping files open after closing

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 21, 2003
      Ganchrow & Terry (I think - I read some of this thread in the wrong order I
      think)

      Using Win2K with NTFS file system I've never found Notetab to be locking any
      files.

      One suggestion (I've made it before wrt similar issues) would be to get
      (free) ProcessExplorer from http:\\www.sysinternals.com

      It will allow you to determine which specific programs have a file open (and
      to attempt to force a close of the handle). If you discover that a deletion
      or rename is being rejected for a file you don't think should be locked this
      program may allow you to pin down who the bad guy is ...

      I had what might have been a similar problem some time ago with Win98 and
      Notetab and a trial version of Franklin Covey OnePlace before I'd come
      across ProcessExplorer :-( and never did resolve it because the trial ran
      out and I wasn't going to spring for the $100+ for OnePlace.

      Regards ... Alec