Re: [NTB] COPYING A FAVORITE FROM INTERNET EXPLORER FAVORITES

  • loro
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 20, 2003
      Dane Trethowan wrote:
      >Stupid question I suppose but is their any way of copying a favorite from
      >the Internet Explorer favorites list and having that link along with its
      >description pasted into Notetab?

      Hi Dane,

      IEs favorites are ordinary text files, one for each saved URL. You can open them as any other text file. Navigate to the Favorites folder (in \Documents and Settings\YourProfile\ on NT and in the Windows directory on 95/98 IIRC) and do what you usually do. You can also right-click the shortcut in IE and use for example Send To if you have NoteTab there.

      A little warning, if I try to access the Favorites folder from the File Open menu my firewall goes berserk and tells me that my editor wants to connect to an IP number owned by a certain company in Redmont. Then things freezes for a while and at last I can usually to what I want. What's up with that? Or is it just me?

      Risking to cross the OT line here but there is a free tool that's great for copying the parts you want from an IE Favorite.

      URLRun
      <http://moonsoftware.com/freeware.asp>

      Anything more and we should probably take this to the Off Topic list.

      The NoteTab Off-Topic List.
      <mailto:ntb-OffTopic-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com>

      Lotta