Re: [NTB] Beta problems

  • Eric G.V. Fookes
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2 10:41 AM
      Hi David,

      >Question no. 2:
      >I have several clips of the general form:
      >H="Back up index.html"
      >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
      >c:\program files\super
      >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
      >in one of my clip libraries. (Don't worry about the gibberish in the
      >middle: it reads just fine on my Hebrew windows). On my 4.011 in
      >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro they work just fine. In the beta,
      >sitting in c:\unzipped\notetabb1, I get a message from Windows
      >(in Hebrew, of course) telling me that "the file name
      >ind0802030844 is too long or illegal". What happened here
      >between 4.011 and 4.5?

      Do you have a tab character between the two parameters? With the new syntax
      you should put double-quotes around the criteria (as they contain spaces)
      and use a space as a parameter separator. For example:

      ^!COPYFILE:"C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html" "c:\program
      files\super notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html"

      Best regards,
      Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
      Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
      and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

      ----