Re: [NTB] Trial Features

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hi sisterscape

      > Should I just ignore this (** YES **) or will it self-destruct on day 0
      (** NO **) ??

      Look for Comparison Chart in Help to see what the features are that differ
      between versions.

      From Help:
      >>NoteTab Light

      NoteTab Light is the freeware version. Unlike the commercial version, it
      does not have a spell checker or thesaurus. The new Clipbar feature
      (user-made toolbars) is not available either. Furthermore it only lets you
      read outline documents and EBCDIC files, customize menu shortcuts, and the
      Search Disk tool does not provide the Replace feature. When you install
      NoteTab Light for the first time, it will ask you if you want to try some of
      the commercial features. If you answer yes, you will have access to all the
      outline editing commands and the Replace option for the Search Disk tool
      will be available. If you answer no, you can always change your mind later
      on by choosing the View | Commercial Features menu command. Once enabled,
      these extra features are available for one month. After that period, NoteTab
      Light simply reverts to its original state. If you purchase the commercial
      version, you can install it over the freeware version and preserve all your
      settings. <<

      If you'd been using it for a year and this suddenly happened you probably
      accidentally checked the option in the View sub-menu. Once checked it just
      means that for 30 days you've got access to some features you haven't seen
      before. At the end of 30 days these extra features go away and you're back
      where you were.

      Enjoy!

      Regards ... Alec

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
          Maybe we will but we hope you don't use cuss words in the future. Thanks
          Ed
          > Please refrain from using cuss words on the lists in the future. Thanks!

          So I tried to make a compliment and you promptly nullified it. Excuse me
          for speaking.

        • sisterscape
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
            Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. It is a mystery how the
            Trial Features were activated, though. Oh well . . .

            http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com