Re: [NTB] Trial Features

  • Ugly Person
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 7, 2003
      From: "sisterscape" <sisterscape@...>
      To: <notetab@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 22:16
      Subject: [NTB] Trial Features

      > Greetings all!
      >
      > I have been using NoteTab Light for well over a year. A few days ago a
      > new message appeared in the top bar - (Trial Features: xx days left).
      > I have no idea what this is about since I have been using NoteTab for
      > so long and have not downloaded the spell checker or thesaurus. I also
      > do not have the Commercial Features menu command available in View.
      > Should I just ignore this or will it self-destruct on day 0??

      It won't self-destruct.... however you just won't be able to use them. I
      have no idea how long the "trial features" are supposed to last for, but
      because you're using the freeware variant, I would assume that these "trial
      features" are standard in the commercial versions for which you'd have to
      pay for. It's up to you if you want to take that step. Anyway you look at
      it though, it's a kick-ass product no matter which version you use. If you
      don't wish to or can't be bothered, if I'm not mistaken, NoteTab Light will
      continue to run as always, minus these "features" whatever they are.
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
        Hi sisterscape

        > Should I just ignore this (** YES **) or will it self-destruct on day 0
        (** NO **) ??

        Look for Comparison Chart in Help to see what the features are that differ
        between versions.

        From Help:
        >>NoteTab Light

        NoteTab Light is the freeware version. Unlike the commercial version, it
        does not have a spell checker or thesaurus. The new Clipbar feature
        (user-made toolbars) is not available either. Furthermore it only lets you
        read outline documents and EBCDIC files, customize menu shortcuts, and the
        Search Disk tool does not provide the Replace feature. When you install
        NoteTab Light for the first time, it will ask you if you want to try some of
        the commercial features. If you answer yes, you will have access to all the
        outline editing commands and the Replace option for the Search Disk tool
        will be available. If you answer no, you can always change your mind later
        on by choosing the View | Commercial Features menu command. Once enabled,
        these extra features are available for one month. After that period, NoteTab
        Light simply reverts to its original state. If you purchase the commercial
        version, you can install it over the freeware version and preserve all your
        settings. <<

        If you'd been using it for a year and this suddenly happened you probably
        accidentally checked the option in the View sub-menu. Once checked it just
        means that for 30 days you've got access to some features you haven't seen
        before. At the end of 30 days these extra features go away and you're back
        where you were.

        Enjoy!

        Regards ... Alec

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 8, 2003
            Maybe we will but we hope you don't use cuss words in the future. Thanks
            Ed
            > Please refrain from using cuss words on the lists in the future. Thanks!

            So I tried to make a compliment and you promptly nullified it. Excuse me
            for speaking.

          • sisterscape
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 9, 2003
              Thanks to everyone who replied to my post. It is a mystery how the
              Trial Features were activated, though. Oh well . . .

              http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com