Word Wrap trouble

  • notetabgroup@exoring.mailshell.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
      This is almost embarrassing to admit- while I can create OTL's and HTML and Perl scripts without any trouble, I can't get the Word Wrap Toggle to work. The only way I have gotten around this is by manually selecting and justifying the text, so it doesn't run on and on. But this quickly became tedious, and of course one of the most fundamental functions of any good (or even primitive) text editor is word wrap.

      Do you (all) think I have a bad installation, or am I just missing something/using the editor wrong?

      I have clicked the Toggle Word Wrap button and checked the Word Wrap box in properties, but to no visible effect.

      Thanks in advance.

      The FREE service that prevents junk email http://www.mailshell.com
    • CB2
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
        --On Friday, 01 August, 2003 06:30 AM -0700
        notetabgroup@... wrote:

        > I have clicked the Toggle Word Wrap button and checked the Word Wrap box
        > in properties, but to no visible effect.

        Do you also have "Wrap to Column" checked? If you don't, NoteTab won't wrap
        text until the text reaches the right edge of the editor window. You might
        also want to make sure there's a value entered in the field next to "Wrap
        to Column" (70 is the default).

        --
        Charles Beasley II
      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2003
          notetabgroup@... wrote:

          > This is almost embarrassing to admit- while I can create OTL's and
          HTML and Perl scripts without any trouble, I can't get the Word Wrap
          Toggle to work.

          > Do you (all) think I have a bad installation, or am I just missing
          something/using the editor wrong?

          > I have clicked the Toggle Word Wrap button and checked the Word Wrap
          box in properties, but to no visible effect.

          > Thanks in advance.

          Before you give up go to View/Options/Documents and put a checkmark in
          the wordwrap box. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

          hrs