reload file

  • jshack01
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
      I saw a couple of posts related to viewing log files but I didn't see
      any that answered my question, so my apologies if this is a FAQ I'm
      bringing up.

      When I open a log file with NTP for viewing, every time the process
      that's generating that log adds to it I get a Confirm box asking if I
      want to reload the file. I click "NO" and move on. If it's a log file
      that is very active, those Confirm boxes are non-stop. Kinda makes it
      tough to do anything else except click "NO".

      I do not have an X in the "reload open documents" box on the general
      options tab.

      I don't want to disable all confirmations, I just want the program to
      ignore what's happening in realtime to the file while I'm looking at
      it. Does this make sense? How can I make the reload confirmation
      questions just stop?

      Thanks.
    • jshack01
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2003
        Oh wait, I missed the obvious.

        Check Changes on Activate: Checks if documents have been modified by
        other applications when focus returns to NoteTab. Turning this option
        off may significantly speed up the readiness of NoteTab after
        activation when it has floppy disk or network files open. The
        downside is that you are no longer warned if files have been modified
        by other programs.

        Duh. Sorry.