Re: [NTB] Which Files Read Only?

  • hsavage
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
      Greg Chapman wrote:

      > Hi Folks,
      >
      > After a technical hitch I've just done a complete re-install of
      Windows and
      > Note Tab Pro.
      >
      > As part of my backup procedure I copied the whole of my NoteTab Pro
      folder
      > to CD-RW.
      >

      > The problem: All the files are now set at "Read only".
      >
      > I have worked out that notepro.ini must NOT be set read only Which other
      > files should/must have the read-only flag cleared?
      >
      > Is there a simple way to clear them all?
      >
      > Greg

      Greg,

      I agree with the others, a file manager(windows explorer) is a quick way
      to change the 'read-only' attribute on a group of files, someone opined
      you are using Win98, Jim, I believe. The ability to do this is more
      restricted in Win98 than in XP.

      A while back, when I was using Win98, I ran into the same problem so I
      wrote a clip to do the attribute change to individual files or a single
      folder or a folder and all its subfolders.

      If anyone is interested I'll post the clip.

      And, none of my NoteTab files has a read-only attribute.

      hrs
    • Brian P. Murphy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 31, 2003
        Hi Greg,

        Open the notetab folder, select all files, then right click and select
        properties. Unselect read only then you should be O.K.

        Take Care.

        Brian

        hsavage wrote:

        > Greg Chapman wrote:
        >
        > > Hi Folks,
        > >
        > > After a technical hitch I've just done a complete re-install of
        > Windows and
        > > Note Tab Pro.
        > >
        > > As part of my backup procedure I copied the whole of my NoteTab Pro
        > folder
        > > to CD-RW.
        > >

        > > The problem: All the files are now set at "Read only".
        > >
        > > I have worked out that notepro.ini must NOT be set read only Which
        > other
        > > files should/must have the read-only flag cleared?
        > >
        > > Is there a simple way to clear them all?
        > >
        > > Greg
        >
        > Greg,
        >
        > I agree with the others, a file manager(windows explorer) is a quick way
        > to change the 'read-only' attribute on a group of files, someone opined
        > you are using Win98, Jim, I believe. The ability to do this is more
        > restricted in Win98 than in XP.
        >
        > A while back, when I was using Win98, I ran into the same problem so I
        > wrote a clip to do the attribute change to individual files or a single
        > folder or a folder and all its subfolders.
        >
        > If anyone is interested I'll post the clip.
        >
        > And, none of my NoteTab files has a read-only attribute.
        >
        > hrs
        >

        > *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*
        > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705007389:HM/A=1663535/R=0/SIG=11ps6rfef/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=30504&media=atkins>

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 1, 2003
          Hi hrs,

          > > The problem: All the files are now set at "Read only".
          > >
          > I agree with the others, a file manager(windows explorer) is a quick way
          > to change the 'read-only' attribute on a group of files, someone opined
          > you are using Win98, Jim, I believe. The ability to do this is more
          > restricted in Win98 than in XP.

          Thanks to you and others offering advice! I had already reset notepro.ini
          read-only flag, but now I've taken the bull by the horns on my WinME
          (Gotcha! but true!) system and selected all folders and files in my NoteTab
          directory and right-clicked them. I cleared the dim check mark and was
          surprised to find a dialogue pop up which asked if I just wanted to re-set
          the selected items or all folders, sub-folders and files. I chose the
          latter!

          Greg