Re: [NTB] The NoteTab Advanced List

  • Lawrence R. Thomas
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2 3:37 AM
      At 10:55 PM 8/1/98 -0500, Jody wrote:
      >Let's don't start posting to NoteTab Advanced until
      >around Monday say at 8:00 AM, EST. (That's the eastern
      >area of the USA which is 3:00 AM GMT if I understand that
      >correctly.) This will allow most everybody some time to
      >sign up without missing anything.

      I have a program called Geoclock which displays the time in a map display
      format with various maps for regions, countries, and globally including
      views that appear as if seen from space. It shows a limited selection of
      cities and times. It also shows daylight, night, and the terminator
      (Sunrise/Sunset information included) along with Sun and Moom positions.
      Jody, Greenwich Mean Time is five hours ahead of Eastern (US) time. 8:00
      AM Eastern time is 2:00 PM GMT.

      Larry Thomas
      larryt@...

      ----
    • R.S.
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2 4:06 PM
        Hi Jody:

        >To subscribe send an empty post to:
        >
        >ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
        >mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
        >"NoteTab Advanced" <ntb-advanced@...>

        1) The empty message's title to subscribe has to be "subscribe"?

        2) The regular list messages come with the prefix [NTB].
        What will it be for the Advanced list : [NTA], [NA] or just [A] ?

        Regards,

        RS

        ----
      • R.S.
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2 6:08 PM
          At 08:16 PM 08/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
          >Hi R.S.,
          >
          >>>To subscribe send an empty post to:
          >
          >>>mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
          >
          >>1) The empty message's title to subscribe has to be "subscribe"?
          >
          >It shouldn't be - nothing at all except send it. The -subscribe@
          >tells it is a subscribe post.
          >
          >>2) The regular list messages come with the prefix [NTB].
          >>What will it be for the Advanced list : [NTA], [NA]
          >or just [A] ?
          >
          >Right now I have it set to
          >
          >^!If

          Set it to what?? -:)

          >I had it at
          >
          >^$nta$ but that was a bit long even though I liked it better. :)
          >
          >[NTA] is too close to [NTB] I think.

          The shorter, the better. [A] would be ok for me.

          >If you want to discuss it let's do it on the advanced list.
          >
          >There are only 14 of us on it (most the regulars) so far so
          >we wouldn't aggrevate a bunch of folk. :)

          Since my answer to your next question might be of help to others, I'm
          aggravating the old List for one last time.

          >I see you are on there - did you have to put subscribe in
          >the subject? I don't think makelist even looks at that.

          I subscribed before asking you, but then I was in doubt. I used "subscribe"
          in the Title. By now I already received confirmation and know it worked ok.
          But I think an empty Title will work as well.

          Regards,

          RS

          ----
        • Jody Adair
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2 6:16 PM
            Hi R.S.,

            >>To subscribe send an empty post to:

            >>mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...

            >1) The empty message's title to subscribe has to be "subscribe"?

            It shouldn't be - nothing at all except send it. The -subscribe@
            tells it is a subscribe post.

            >2) The regular list messages come with the prefix [NTB].
            >What will it be for the Advanced list : [NTA], [NA]
            or just [A] ?

            Right now I have it set to

            ^!If

            I had it at

            ^$nta$ but that was a bit long even though I liked it better. :)

            [NTA] is too close to [NTB] I think.

            If you want to discuss it let's do it on the advanced list.

            There are only 14 of us on it (most the regulars) so far so
            we wouldn't aggrevate a bunch of folk. :)

            I see you are on there - did you have to put subscribe in
            the subject? I don't think makelist even looks at that.

            Thanks!
            Jody

            http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

            ----
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2 8:42 PM
              >>I see you are on there - did you have to put subscribe in
              >>the subject? I don't think makelist even looks at that.

              It makes no difference what's in the subject or even the body of
              the subscribe message because it's going to a subscribe e-mail
              account. That ONLY applies to makelist & even some of those
              might want some specific text in the subject if they go to the
              administrator for approval. Our 2 lists & the newsletter just
              trash the message & don't care anything about the subject.

              --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
              notetab-tips-subscribe@...
              **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
              http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

              ----