Re: [NTB] Beta problems

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
      02.08.1998 1:46 AM djust@... wrote

      >> An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
      >> beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
      > Returned a 404.

      Sorry - left out the /notetab part :(
      http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.otl
      I need to put those links on the page & stick with
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9 which I tend to mess up less
      frequently than when trying to send invididual file links.

      --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
      notetab-tips-subscribe@...
      **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

      ----
    • Eric G.V. Fookes
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
        Hi David,

        >1. I have NTP 4.011/iw. When the 4.5 release version comes out,
        >I would like to first install it in a separate directory to see if I like
        it,
        >and then, if I do like it, install a second copy over my old
        >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro (and erase the first copy of 4.5).
        >Will this be possible, or will the upgrade only be willing to install
        >itself directly over 4.011?

        You will be able to install it anywhere you like.

        >2. Will 4.5 be fully back-compatible with 4.011? In plain English,
        >will my 4.011 clbs run without change in 4.5?

        Yes, with some rare exceptions due to changes I made fogetting to keep
        backward compatibility. Please tell me if you discover such problems.

        Best regards,
        Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
        Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
        and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

        ----
      • Eric G.V. Fookes
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
          Hi David,

          >Question no. 2:
          >I have several clips of the general form:
          >H="Back up index.html"
          >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
          >c:\program files\super
          >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
          >in one of my clip libraries. (Don't worry about the gibberish in the
          >middle: it reads just fine on my Hebrew windows). On my 4.011 in
          >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro they work just fine. In the beta,
          >sitting in c:\unzipped\notetabb1, I get a message from Windows
          >(in Hebrew, of course) telling me that "the file name
          >ind0802030844 is too long or illegal". What happened here
          >between 4.011 and 4.5?

          Do you have a tab character between the two parameters? With the new syntax
          you should put double-quotes around the criteria (as they contain spaces)
          and use a space as a parameter separator. For example: