Re: [NTB] Beta problems

  • Kay Roath
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
      01.08.1998 8:16 PM djust@... wrote

      > Grandma, What's the URL of your latest help file?

      The WhatsNew.otl is at
      http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/whatsnew.zip
      This has sections for all of the changes between 4.0 & 4.5.

      An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
      beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl

      They basically contain the same info with WhatsNew being
      alphabetical & ClipSyntax organized by type.

      Wayne's Reference otl is an enhanced combo of both types.
      http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv/ntr45fb1.zip

      There's also a link on my main notetab page for a zip of the help
      file in otl format. (bigfoot link in sig)

      --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
      notetab-tips-subscribe@...
      **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
      http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

      ----
    • djust@netvision.net.il
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 1, 1998
        > An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
        > beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
        Returned a 404.

        Thanks,
        David.

        ----
      • Kay Roath
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
          02.08.1998 1:46 AM djust@... wrote

          >> An outline form of the ClipSyntax.txt file that comes with the
          >> beta is at http://freedom.n-i.com/clipsyntax.otl
          > Returned a 404.

          Sorry - left out the /notetab part :(
          http://freedom.n-i.com/notetab/clipsyntax.otl
          I need to put those links on the page & stick with
          http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9 which I tend to mess up less
          frequently than when trying to send invididual file links.

          --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
          notetab-tips-subscribe@...
          **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
          http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

          ----
        • Eric G.V. Fookes
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
            Hi David,

            >1. I have NTP 4.011/iw. When the 4.5 release version comes out,
            >I would like to first install it in a separate directory to see if I like
            it,
            >and then, if I do like it, install a second copy over my old
            >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro (and erase the first copy of 4.5).
            >Will this be possible, or will the upgrade only be willing to install
            >itself directly over 4.011?

            You will be able to install it anywhere you like.

            >2. Will 4.5 be fully back-compatible with 4.011? In plain English,
            >will my 4.011 clbs run without change in 4.5?

            Yes, with some rare exceptions due to changes I made fogetting to keep
            backward compatibility. Please tell me if you discover such problems.

            Best regards,
            Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
            Author of the award-winning NoteTab text editors for Windows
            and also the 1998 "People's Choice" award!

            ----
          • Eric G.V. Fookes
            Message 5 of 12 , Aug 2, 1998
              Hi David,

              >Question no. 2:
              >I have several clips of the general form:
              >H="Back up index.html"
              >^!COPYFILE:C:\WINDOWS\ùåìçï òáåãä\site2d\index.html
              >c:\program files\super
              >notetab\bookfiles\ind^[mmddhhnnss^].html
              >in one of my clip libraries. (Don't worry about the gibberish in the
              >middle: it reads just fine on my Hebrew windows). On my 4.011 in
              >c:\program files\NoteTab Pro they work just fine. In the beta,
              >sitting in c:\unzipped\notetabb1, I get a message from Windows
              >(in Hebrew, of course) telling me that "the file name
              >ind0802030844 is too long or illegal". What happened here
              >between 4.011 and 4.5?

              Do you have a tab character between the two parameters? With the new syntax
              you should put double-quotes around the criteria (as they contain spaces)
              and use a space as a parameter separator. For example: