Indenting ignored by printer

  • mewinslow
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
      I'm running NTL 4.95 under Win98se with an HP 1200 LaserJet printer.

      When I indent paragraphs (Ctrl+I), the indentations are displayed on
      the screen. But when I print the document, the indentations are
      ignored and the first line of each paragraph is printed flush left.

      Has anyone had this problem and found a work-around?

      Thanks. /mark
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2003
        Hi Mark,

        You might see if File | Print... (Ctrl+P) | Margins tab |
        WordWrap makes a difference. It probably doesn't. I take it you
        are doing the indent for the first line with the remainder of the
        paragraph soft wrapped.

        You might try out a freeware printing utility that actually adds
        quite a few more printing options and preferred by many of our users
        over the regular windows print dialog used by NoteTab. If you need
        to discuss TxtPrint, please do so on the Off Topic list.
        http://www.notetab.net/html/maillist.htm <-- Subscribe

        You can download the Library that Eric Fookes made which has a link
        to the small TxtPrint utility (both links are below) in it which
        will give you print preview, page n of pages n and allow you to
        print selections of text instead of the whole document. It has a
        number of other small nice to have features too.

        You need to have a compression utility to unzip the zip files. Ask
        me if you do not know what that is. Install TxtPrint10, the
        software, wherever you would like. Install the .clb file Eric made
        to the NoteTab Libraries folder. It will show up on the Libraries
        Bar at the bottom of NoteTab. Click on it to activate the Library.

        Clipbook Library - goes in Libraries folder:
        http://www.notetab.com/clipbooks/txtprint.zip
        TxtPrint10 - Install wherever you want:
        http://www.notetab.com/ftp/txtprinten10.zip

        You can put the printing Clip on your default Clipbar if you
        wish. For more information about the Clipbar in registered
        versions of NoteTab and some basic Clip information please read
        the following web page. http://www.notetab.net/html/clipbar.htm

        Also, you can go into Windows Explorer (or My Computer) and right
        click over TxtPrint.clb and then check Properties. Click on Hidden
        and that will hide the Library off the Libraries Bar. You can still
        access it from the Clipbook's combo box, the small upper window
        which is above the Clip items in all Libraries. Please see Help |
        NoteTab's Glossary for terms you might be unfamiliar with.

        >I'm running NTL 4.95 under Win98se with an HP 1200 LaserJet
        >printer.
        >
        >When I indent paragraphs (Ctrl+I), the indentations are displayed
        >on the screen. But when I print the document, the indentations
        >are ignored and the first line of each paragraph is printed flush
        >left.
        >
        >Has anyone had this problem and found a work-around?

        Happy Topics,
        Jody

        The NoteTab Off-Topic List