Re: [NTB] NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES was Request for Help

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 4, 2003
      Hi Erica,

      >I have a list of 900 odd names all numbered as the first word,
      >and have just discovered that I can us Control+J to get rid of
      >the line return without losing the para. But I am halfway
      >though and still cannot for the life of me make sense of how to
      >write a clip to auotmate a getting rid of the initial sequential
      >number or fixing the line break without losing the para breaks.

      You can use my nnnLines Library to remove the line numbers. I
      forget which Clip does it, but you are able to specify the format
      such as one of these with X being the number: "X. " "X: " "X, "

      A regular expression could be used as well, but sometimes it gets
      a bit hosed up.

      When using Ctrl+J for Modify | Lines | Join Lines you have to
      watch out for lists like...

      1. Item 1
      2. Item 2
      3. Item 3

      ...because they will be wrapped also which you do not want, at
      least most the time...

      1. Item 1 2. Item 2 3. Item 3

      You need to select portions of the text to wrap/join in those
      cases. You might want to try out my eForm'r Library and/or
      ReFormat for dealing with formatting text.

      http://www.notetab.net/zip/eform'r.zip
      http://www.notetab.net/zip/reformat.zip
      http://www.clean-funnies.com ;)

      Happy Tab'n,