Re: [NTB] NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES was Request for Help

  • Erica Hills
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
      Hi Bernadette et al,

      Me too. I have a list of 900 odd names all numbered as the first word,
      and have just discovered that I can us Control+J to get rid of the line
      return without losing the para. But I am halfway though and still cannot
      for the life of me make sense of how to write a clip to auotmate a getting
      rid of the initial sequential number or fixing the line break without
      losing the para breaks.

      Still - it's a great program and given enough time I will work it
      out. Don't have a clue about programming so I have to learn on an as
      needed basis.

      Best regards........ Erica Hills, Perth, Western Australia

      -
      mailto:erica@...
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 4, 2003
        Hi Erica,

        >I have a list of 900 odd names all numbered as the first word,
        >and have just discovered that I can us Control+J to get rid of
        >the line return without losing the para. But I am halfway
        >though and still cannot for the life of me make sense of how to
        >write a clip to auotmate a getting rid of the initial sequential
        >number or fixing the line break without losing the para breaks.

        You can use my nnnLines Library to remove the line numbers. I
        forget which Clip does it, but you are able to specify the format
        such as one of these with X being the number: "X. " "X: " "X, "

        A regular expression could be used as well, but sometimes it gets
        a bit hosed up.

        When using Ctrl+J for Modify | Lines | Join Lines you have to
        watch out for lists like...

        1. Item 1
        2. Item 2
        3. Item 3

        ...because they will be wrapped also which you do not want, at
        least most the time...

        1. Item 1 2. Item 2 3. Item 3

        You need to select portions of the text to wrap/join in those
        cases. You might want to try out my eForm'r Library and/or
        ReFormat for dealing with formatting text.

        http://www.notetab.net/zip/eform'r.zip
        http://www.notetab.net/zip/reformat.zip
        http://www.clean-funnies.com ;)

        Happy Tab'n,