Re: [NTB] Removing blank lines.

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
      Use Ctrl+R to open Find/Replace, and check Regular Exp. For Find use \n[\s\t]*\n and for Replace use \n
      If you're creating a clip, the command would be something like ^!Replace "\n[\s\t]*\n" >> "\n" RA
      Subject: [NTB] Removing blank lines.

      I was wanting to remove blank lines in a text file the other day and
      couldn't find anything in a menu to enable that. There was nothing in
      the help file under "remove" or "blank" or "lines" about this. :-(

      Can someone tell me what the "Search for" syntax should have been
      please ? I presume that I would leave the "Replace" section blank ?

    • loro
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 3, 2003
        Don Daugherty wrote:
        > was wanting to remove blank lines in a text file the other day and
        > couldn't find anything in a menu to enable that. There was nothing in
        > the help file under "remove" or "blank" or "lines" about this. :-(
        >

        > Can someone tell me what the "Search for" syntax should have been
        > please ? I presume that I would leave the "Replace" section blank ?

        Search for: ^p^p
        Replace with nothing (blank)
        (It's under "Find & Replace Dialog Boxes" in the ordinary Help, not the Clip Help)

        There's also a menu command.
        Modify | Lines | Compress
        You may need to repeat it of you have several blank lines after eachother.

        Happier now? ;-)

        Lotta