Request for Help

  • neeshanha
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
      Greetings to all. I just downloaded Notetab about four hours ago and
      still cannot figure out how to use it. I've tried going through the
      message archives here but you guys and gals are much more advanced
      than I. Is there a place where I can take a tutorial or find
      information on how to begin using this product? It looks awesome.
      Thank you and God Bless.
      Bernadette
    • Julie
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
        Hi Bernadette,

        >Greetings to all. I just downloaded Notetab about four hours ago and
        >still cannot figure out how to use it. I've tried going through the
        >message archives here but you guys and gals are much more advanced
        >than I. Is there a place where I can take a tutorial or find
        >information on how to begin using this product? It looks awesome.

        Here's an old post I've saved regarding tutorials/help with Notetab. I'm
        not sure if all these links still work.

        Jim Hall has some excellent basic starter pages:
        http://jimbow.com

        Joe Barta, a NoteTabber, has an excellent HTML
        tutorial for the computer challenged:
        http://www.pagetutor.com/tack/toc.html

        Don Passenger and Jody Adair did this is a very
        basic HTML starter site for NoteTab:
        http://www.bestfoot.com/notetab/html/

        Here's an online NoteTab Light HTML tutorial...
        http://visualtutorials.com/notetab.htm

        ...and yet here are some more about Notetab basics...
        http://www.saunalahti.fi/tonipex/NoteTab.html#BasicUse
        http://www.rsdsigns.com/NoteTabLiteTut.htm

        The following is a download for a Clipbook programming tutorial
        written by Jody Adair called "Clip Class" designed to walk you
        through Clip writing. It includes "Getting Started" (which is a web
        page with a number of images displaying different parts of NoteTab
        that deal with Clipbooks), making a Clipbook Library, adding Clips,
        and editing Clips, on to more difficult Clips writing. Be sure to
        read the Introduction also in this 10 lesson on going class. Open
        ClipClass.clb and then click on the ClipClass Outline Clip to open
        the Outline.

        All the contents of the zip files go in NoteTab's Libraries
        folder. http://www.notetab.net/zip/clipclass.zip

        Some of the above files plus much more come on the NoteTab CD-ROM
        including freeware, trialware, and third party products.

        Ordering Information: Price, CD build type...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/cd-info.htm
        Programs, Utilities, Helps, Clip Tutorial...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/onthiscd.htm
        Order form to print and information to read...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/prtorder.htm
        Third Party Products: Freeware and Shareware...
        http://www.notetab.net/order/tpp-readthis.htm

      • hsavage
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
          neeshanha wrote:

          > Greetings to all. I just downloaded Notetab about four hours ago and
          > still cannot figure out how to use it. I've tried going through the
          > message archives here but you guys and gals are much more advanced
          > than I. Is there a place where I can take a tutorial or find
          > information on how to begin using this product? It looks awesome.
          > Thank you and God Bless.
          > Bernadette

          Bernadette,

          NoteTab has a list called ClipClass. The address to subscribe is
          below. The list is no longer very active but all the messages are still
          on Yahoo. You can subscribe, logon to Yahoo and read the messages on
          line. This is the address.

          http://www.ntb-ClipClass-Subscribe@yahoogroups.com

          There is a zipped version of the clipclass around that would be a little
          more convenient, the download link is;

          http://www.notetab.net/clipclass/clipclass.zip

          You should find it on http://www.fookes.com/ or http://www.notetab.com/
          if the link doesn't work for you.

          ClipClass should get you started 'clipwriting' which is essential to get
          the most value from NoteTab.

          hrs
        • Jim Hall
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 2, 2003
            Bernadette

            At 05:56 PM 7/2/2003 +0000, you wrote:
            Greetings to all. I just downloaded Notetab about four hours ago and
            still cannot figure out how to use it. I've tried going through the
            message archives here but you guys and gals are much more advanced
            than I. Is there a place where I can take a tutorial or find
            information on how to begin using this product? It looks awesome.
            Thank you and God Bless.
            Bernadette

            Welcome aboard!

            Don't fret, you are only a few days away from really enjoying NoteTab, and getting to know some of the very helpful people who once wondered the same things you are wondering now and are here to help you through it as others helped them.

            You can go to

            http://jimbow.com/

            and download

            NOTETAB INTRO FOR NEWBIES

            Which will give you a few pointers to get you started.

            AND don't hesitate to ask questions here on the list.

            Regards,

            Jim
          • Erica Hills
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 3, 2003
              Hi Bernadette et al,

              Me too. I have a list of 900 odd names all numbered as the first word,
              and have just discovered that I can us Control+J to get rid of the line
              return without losing the para. But I am halfway though and still cannot
              for the life of me make sense of how to write a clip to auotmate a getting
              rid of the initial sequential number or fixing the line break without
              losing the para breaks.

              Still - it's a great program and given enough time I will work it
              out. Don't have a clue about programming so I have to learn on an as
              needed basis.

              Best regards........ Erica Hills, Perth, Western Australia

              -
              mailto:erica@...
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 4, 2003
                Hi Erica,

                >I have a list of 900 odd names all numbered as the first word,
                >and have just discovered that I can us Control+J to get rid of
                >the line return without losing the para. But I am halfway
                >though and still cannot for the life of me make sense of how to
                >write a clip to auotmate a getting rid of the initial sequential
                >number or fixing the line break without losing the para breaks.

                You can use my nnnLines Library to remove the line numbers. I
                forget which Clip does it, but you are able to specify the format
                such as one of these with X being the number: "X. " "X: " "X, "

                A regular expression could be used as well, but sometimes it gets
                a bit hosed up.

                When using Ctrl+J for Modify | Lines | Join Lines you have to
                watch out for lists like...

                1. Item 1
                2. Item 2
                3. Item 3

                ...because they will be wrapped also which you do not want, at
                least most the time...

                1. Item 1 2. Item 2 3. Item 3

                You need to select portions of the text to wrap/join in those
                cases. You might want to try out my eForm'r Library and/or
                ReFormat for dealing with formatting text.

                http://www.notetab.net/zip/eform'r.zip
                http://www.notetab.net/zip/reformat.zip
                http://www.clean-funnies.com ;)

                Happy Tab'n,