[NTB] The NoteTab Advanced List

  • Jody Adair
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 1998
      Hello All,

      For a long time now we have known that we would need
      another mailing list to go along with the regular one.
      Eric is all for it now that we have the new scripting
      language. We have lost many subscribers because of the
      level of talk and the amount of posts. Hopefully, the
      NoteTab Advanced List I just setup will help out.

      The advanced list <ntb-advanced@...> hopefully
      will be used for the more complex scripts, long threads
      about suggestions, beta releases, and so forth. The
      regular list <notetab@...> should be used for
      basic NoteTab questions concerning the program in general
      and basic how do I questions.

      Please do not send the same post to both lists. I
      suppose many will be subscribed to both and do not need a
      second copy. By all means, if you do not get an answer
      you are looking for on one, try the other. Eric will
      post updates to both and I will send any list related
      information to both if need be.

      I realized that we cannot really control exactly what can
      be or not be posted on each list. I hope that we all
      will be considerate of others and use each list for its
      purpose.

      Let's don't start posting to NoteTab Advanced until
      around Monday say at 8:00 AM, EST. (That's the eastern
      area of the USA which is 3:00 AM GMT if I understand that
      correctly.) This will allow most everybody some time to
      sign up without missing anything.

      To subscribe send an empty post to:

      ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
      mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
      "NoteTab Advanced" <ntb-advanced@...>

      One last thing. To cut down on the amount of posts, let's
      just play this thing by ear and not discuss what the lists
      should be for at this time. Perhaps we can do that on the
      advanced list later if the need arises. Of course if you
      just have to say something... :?)

      Thanks!
      Jody

      http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

      ----
    • Lawrence R. Thomas
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 2, 1998
        At 10:55 PM 8/1/98 -0500, Jody wrote:
        >Let's don't start posting to NoteTab Advanced until
        >around Monday say at 8:00 AM, EST. (That's the eastern
        >area of the USA which is 3:00 AM GMT if I understand that
        >correctly.) This will allow most everybody some time to
        >sign up without missing anything.

        I have a program called Geoclock which displays the time in a map display
        format with various maps for regions, countries, and globally including
        views that appear as if seen from space. It shows a limited selection of
        cities and times. It also shows daylight, night, and the terminator
        (Sunrise/Sunset information included) along with Sun and Moom positions.
        Jody, Greenwich Mean Time is five hours ahead of Eastern (US) time. 8:00
        AM Eastern time is 2:00 PM GMT.

        Larry Thomas
        larryt@...

        ----
      • R.S.
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 2, 1998
          Hi Jody:

          >To subscribe send an empty post to:
          >
          >ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
          >mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
          >"NoteTab Advanced" <ntb-advanced@...>

          1) The empty message's title to subscribe has to be "subscribe"?

          2) The regular list messages come with the prefix [NTB].
          What will it be for the Advanced list : [NTA], [NA] or just [A] ?

          Regards,

          RS

          ----
        • R.S.
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 2, 1998
            At 08:16 PM 08/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
            >Hi R.S.,
            >
            >>>To subscribe send an empty post to:
            >
            >>>mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...
            >
            >>1) The empty message's title to subscribe has to be "subscribe"?
            >
            >It shouldn't be - nothing at all except send it. The -subscribe@
            >tells it is a subscribe post.
            >
            >>2) The regular list messages come with the prefix [NTB].
            >>What will it be for the Advanced list : [NTA], [NA]
            >or just [A] ?
            >
            >Right now I have it set to
            >
            >^!If

            Set it to what?? -:)

            >I had it at
            >
            >^$nta$ but that was a bit long even though I liked it better. :)
            >
            >[NTA] is too close to [NTB] I think.

            The shorter, the better. [A] would be ok for me.

            >If you want to discuss it let's do it on the advanced list.
            >
            >There are only 14 of us on it (most the regulars) so far so
            >we wouldn't aggrevate a bunch of folk. :)

            Since my answer to your next question might be of help to others, I'm
            aggravating the old List for one last time.

            >I see you are on there - did you have to put subscribe in
            >the subject? I don't think makelist even looks at that.

            I subscribed before asking you, but then I was in doubt. I used "subscribe"
            in the Title. By now I already received confirmation and know it worked ok.
            But I think an empty Title will work as well.

            Regards,

            RS

            ----
          • Jody Adair
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 2, 1998
              Hi R.S.,

              >>To subscribe send an empty post to:

              >>mailto:ntb-advanced-subscribe@...

              >1) The empty message's title to subscribe has to be "subscribe"?

              It shouldn't be - nothing at all except send it. The -subscribe@
              tells it is a subscribe post.

              >2) The regular list messages come with the prefix [NTB].
              >What will it be for the Advanced list : [NTA], [NA]
              or just [A] ?

              Right now I have it set to

              ^!If

              I had it at

              ^$nta$ but that was a bit long even though I liked it better. :)

              [NTA] is too close to [NTB] I think.

              If you want to discuss it let's do it on the advanced list.

              There are only 14 of us on it (most the regulars) so far so
              we wouldn't aggrevate a bunch of folk. :)

              I see you are on there - did you have to put subscribe in
              the subject? I don't think makelist even looks at that.

              Thanks!
              Jody

              http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

              ----
            • Kay Roath
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 2, 1998
                >>I see you are on there - did you have to put subscribe in
                >>the subject? I don't think makelist even looks at that.

                It makes no difference what's in the subject or even the body of
                the subscribe message because it's going to a subscribe e-mail
                account. That ONLY applies to makelist & even some of those
                might want some specific text in the subject if they go to the
                administrator for approval. Our 2 lists & the newsletter just
                trash the message & don't care anything about the subject.

                --- Grandma Kay - NoteTab Tips & Clips weekly Newsletter
                notetab-tips-subscribe@...
                **new subscribers** - Important info & past issues
                http://www.bigfoot.com/~freedom9

                ----